Lookups for St. Barths - Gustavia & Lorient 1808 to 1905

Please Post your offer here if you have access to (or own) books in Caribbean genealogy and are willing to perform look-ups on request.
** Please consider listing your books so the applicants don't repeat requests for books they already have already covered. That should save their time and yours!!

Lookups for St. Barths - Gustavia & Lorient 1808 to 1905

Postby LylyLD » Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:44 am

I'm happy to say that I can offer help with information lookups for St. Barths, I have access to Archives from Gustavia and Lorient from 1808 to 1905.

If you are looking for your family in this area and you have their name and a rough estimate of their birth date I can help you out.

If your French isn't too great I can also help you translate the information.
LylyLD

Re: Lookups for St. Barths - Gustavia & Lorient 1808 to 1905

Postby Whaleman » Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:38 pm

Would you be so kind as to peruse for the surname Malzac or as it is sometimes misspelled: Mulzac? My family's appearence in the Caribbean was a result of the Huguenot Diaspora or as it is known in France as La Refuge. Your finding may lead me to delve deeper to those islands. Thank You.
Whaleman

Postby LylyLD » Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:21 pm

I don't recall coming across that name but I will take another look. I'll let you know if I find anything.
LylyLD

Postby LylyLD » Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:41 pm

I've gone through the records that are available for Saint-Barthélemy and I haven't found that surname, its possible you may find it on Guadeloupe and I know that Trinidad has a high number of people with that surname but I don't have any access to those records.
LylyLD

Return to Look-up Volunteers