MCEWEN - Grenada

Please do NOT post your email addresses here.
Contact available by Private Message ONLY (to avoid SPAM).

MCEWEN - Grenada

Postby McEwen » Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:04 am

David McEwen owned St Cyr Estate St Andrews Grenada in 1797.

James B's mother was Sarah Hall, he married 1801 Sophia Palmer (nee Williams) - Children Samuel, Margaret, Archibald and Sarah.

1808 Samuel William (Sophia's father's) will - Sophia and David were living apart.

David and Florence Chateaus had 6 children - Thomas, Mary, David, Felix, Louisa and Margaret.

1817 David was appointed Reciever of Confiscated Estates for His Majesty King George 111 in Grenada.

David died in Grenada 3 Aug 1869.
McEwen

Re: MCEWEN - Grenada

Postby NormanM » Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:56 pm

My name is Norman Millard. I reside in Queensland Australia. I am a descendant of David McEwen and Sarah Hall. If you are still actively viewing these posts could you make contact as I have further information regarding this family.
Thank you
NormanM

Postby clh » Tue May 29, 2018 12:54 pm

Hello. My grandmother's surname was McEwen, from St Andrews Grenada. I live in England. I'd appreciate any info that might show if she was connected to David McEwen. Her father's name was Adam McEwen.
clh

Postby NormanM » Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:48 am

Re David McEWEN

I am 72 years of age and live in INNISFAIL, North Queensland, AUSTRALIA, and am 6 generations down the line from his first partner Sarah HALL and his first born James.

David had at least four partners and at least 12 children - possibly as many as 16. Our line continues when James' first son Thomas became a seaman and sailed to and then settled in AUSTRALIA.

David owned St Cyr estate in St Andrews district in 1797, I know that the estate was purchased by the Government in 1915 and split up into small acreage and sold to the workers.

I will advise the names of all the other children at a later date. My wife and I will be in GRENADA for four days 12-16 October just to see where my ancestor came from.

Regards
Norm MILLARD
NormanM

Postby NormanM » Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:01 am

David McEWEN died 1838 at age 63. New info to hand - could have been 5 partners, and 16 children still to verify.

Norm MILLARD
History David, James, Thomas FORSYTH, Thomas William, Ida Muriel, Lionel Mervyn MILLARD, Norman Howard MILLARD.
NormanM

Return to Grenada