INNISS - Barbados, St.Andrew

Please do NOT post your email addresses here.
Contact available by Private Message ONLY (to avoid SPAM).

INNISS - Barbados, St.Andrew

Postby Barnie » Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:56 pm

I have had no luck finding the forefathers of SAMUEL GEORGE INNISS born 1808 -1896. Chn. include Adolphus, Susan Jane, Elizabeth, Samuel Philip, Charles Thomas, Mary and George Edwin with his first wife Susanna. I have his will and know that he married a second wife Adelaide Esquires/Squire. Does anyone have any information?
Barnie

Re: INNISS - Barbados, St.Andrew

Postby lettypan » Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:40 pm

Samuel George Inniss born 1808-1896 .....I am the Great great granddaughter to Elizabeth who's daughter is Letitia Carew ca 1864-1954 married to Charles Ince. Chn Claribel, Charles, May (Mary)..Would this help?
lettypan

Postby Barnie » Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:57 pm

Thanks for your reply. I'm thrilled to meet a new relative. Do you know where Samuel George Inniss was born? I believe Elizabeth Carew nee Inniss was married in Ireland. Do you know if she settled there or did she return to Barbados?
Barnie

Postby lettypan » Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:34 pm

Thank you, nice meeting you too... Have no known knowledge where Samuel George Inniss was born..Elizabeth Carew nee Inniss married Stephen Thomas Carew Feb 1863, St. Andrew, Barbados, her husband could be from Ireland and he settled in Barbados from Ireland. Elizabeth had lived in Barbados. She had three children, two had died young, Letitia being the living child until her death 1954.
lettypan

Postby Barnie » Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:32 pm

I'm the great great grand daughter of George Edwin Inniss, brother to Elizabeth. He married Jane Dottin and had 5 children. I don't know what happened to them. During my 20 year research I haven't discovered too much. I know Samuel Geogre Inniss married twice but I don't really know what happened to his first wife, Susanna. We went to the site of St. Simon's church in Barbados but there isn't anything there in the lines of a church or headstones. My most recent find at the archives has been the marriage certificate between Samuel George Inniss and his first wife -only he wasn't called Samuel George Inniss, just Samuel George. So if you ever discover anything more about him or his first wife Susanna, please contact me via this fantastic noticeboard.
Barnie

Postby lettypan » Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:48 pm

Since you been to the archive, what is the maiden name for Susanna? Yes, he had second wife name Adelaide and she was 42 when he married her and him being 63. Thomas, Benjamin, Georgiana, Clementina seems he didn't had no children with Adelaide... but very little information... however, Joseph being born 1837/1887 died 1940 in Panama at veterans gravesite you know of that? Joseph had migrated to La Boca , Panama...this Joseph is George Edwin brother...you mentioned George Edwin and Jane had 5 children, but I found 7... Lucretia Jane 1859; Alethea; Susanna; Philip Augustus,; Martha; Joseph Orlando; and Mary Anne... ok... since you find only Samuel George I'll do research on Samuel George... these folks change names and shorten names... he married Adelaide in 1871...
lettypan

Return to Surnames I