VILLARUEL - Trinidad

Please do NOT post your email addresses here.
Contact available by Private Message ONLY (to avoid SPAM).
MichelleE

VILLARUEL - Trinidad

Post by MichelleE » Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:01 am

Hello, I'm seeking information about Villaruel. My great grandfather was called Gregorio Villaruel, originally from Venezuela and settled in Trinidad.
Thanks

Borrome

Re: VILLARUEL - Trinidad

Post by Borrome » Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:55 pm

Hi MICHELLEE, Villaruel or Villarroel are from Margarita (Nueva Esparta State), Venezuela, they went to Trinidad in the late 1800s. In my archives I have Gregoria Villarroel of Margarita's parents, married in 1908 in Trinidad with a Venezuelan and after having three children they moved to Tucupita, Venezuela. What other reference information do you have?
Regards,
Ramon Martinez Borrome

MichelleE

Post by MichelleE » Sun Apr 01, 2018 12:38 am

Hello Ramon, thanks for your message.

According to information from my family, my great grandfather was from Carapuna(?), Venezuela. He came to Trinidad with at least one brother and his wife who was pregnant at the time, in the late 1860s/early 1870s - by 1871 he petitioned for a parcel of land in Montserrat, Trinidad. I presume his wife was Venezuelan. However she died after giving birth to a baby - my mother knew her as Tante Lady Ross but I don't know her real name.

My information differs from yours because Gregorio settled in Trinidad and married my great grandmother, Josephine née Gaubert who came to Trinidad from Martinique. They had at least 8 children: Cito (I don't know his real name), Lance, Hubert, Lance, Lillian, Margaret, Irene (my grandmother - born around 1910), Enid. They all lived in Marugua, Trinidad.

Regards, Michelle

Borrome

Post by Borrome » Sun Apr 01, 2018 4:04 pm

Villarroel is a common surname in Venezuela especially in the States Nueva Esparta (Margarita) and Sucre (Cumana, Carupano, Irapa, Guiria). Carupano very close to Margarita where many Villarroel came to the Island of Trinidad at the end of 1800, periods that you show in your message.
The marriage to which I referred to GREGORIA was celebrated in the church of Santa Rosa Arima, where there are documents and residents of the Villarroel or Villaruel.
If you have some events with more precise dates of your great-grandfather I could search my files and help.
Regards,
Ramon

MichelleE

Post by MichelleE » Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:42 pm

Hello Ramon, your reply gave some useful information and thank you for your kind offer. Unfortunately my family have no specific dates of events. I googled the church and saw that it's near St Josephs Convent. My great grandmother, Josephine (née Gaubert) Villaruel went to that school. I understand that she came from Martinique with her father and sister, Mathilde - possibly with other siblings. From your reply I'm inclined to think that this is where Josephine grew up and maybe met Gregorio. Perhaps they married in that church but no idea when though. If I get any dates, I'll be sure to contact you again.

I saw an old post of yours researching your grandfather. Have you tried the Familysearch website? I found an immigration record for Hermanogildo Borrome Lopes, son of Juan Nicholas Barrome and Constantine Lopes, with his picture and other info. I really hope it's of some use to you and if you have any trouble finding the record, let me know.
Regards, Michelle

Borrome

Post by Borrome » Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:52 pm

Hi Michelle,

I'm sorry for the delay.

I have to update this post. September 1916 received the death certificate (Acte de Deces) from Martinique of my grandfather, Juan Nicolas Borromee, he died in Fort De France, Martinique on July 8, 1935.

In your last note you mention some of my relatives: Hermenegildo Borrome my uncle (died), Juan Nicolas Nicolas Borrome, my grandfather and Constantina Lopez de Borrome my grandmother. My plan is to go to Martinique next year to see if I reach his grave.

I have several websites where I do my research, of which you mention some. Thank you very much for being aware. Any information of your relatives?

Regards,
Ramon

PD: http://anom.archivesnationales.culture.gouv.fr/caomec2/

Return to “Surnames V”