TERRILL, Edward Brace - Barbados

Please do NOT post your email addresses here.
Contact available by Private Message ONLY (to avoid SPAM).
CTerrill

TERRILL, Edward Brace - Barbados

Post by CTerrill » Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:22 pm

I'm looking for information on the ancestors and siblings of Edward Brace Terrill (1787 - 1849) of Barbados, son of Edward Brace Terrill (1750 - 1790) of Bristol, England, and Elizabeth Reed (1762 - 1831) of Barbados.

Bill St Aubyn

Re: TERRILL, Edward Brace - Barbados

Post by Bill St Aubyn » Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:08 pm

My grandfather was Frederick Dalrymple Terrill and his wife was Annie nee Rawlinson. Where he came from is a mystery and he would have died in the 1940s in British Guyana. Any assistance from your end?

Bill St Aubyn

CTerrill

Post by CTerrill » Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:20 pm

Bill St Aubyn wrote:My grandfather was Frederick Dalrymple Terrill and his wife was Annie nee Rawlinson. Where he came from is a mystery and he would have died in the 1940s in British Guyana. Any assistance from your end?

Bill St Aubyn
Do you think that your grandfather could have been the son of Frederick H Terrill (1853-1910) - he was born in and died in Barbados?

I know there is a connection between our family and the St Aubyn's too, but I cannot track it down. A few years ago, my father asked me to see what I could find out about relatives of my fathers' cousin Dorothy StAubin nee Terrill. He recalls meeting Dorothy once when he was about 9 or 10 which would have been around 1950. He thinks she was born in Trinidad but is uncertain. But... I am not sure where Dorothy fits in, but it is a relatively common family name!

Bill St Aubyn

Post by Bill St Aubyn » Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:01 pm

Thanks for the" rapid response!"

Dorothy was my mother and she was born in British Guyana in 1908 - died in Trinidad about 1995. The Terrill family tree is a total mystery as my grandmother Annie would not talk about it "as it was no body"s business!" (Sounds like the Merrymen !) I am 73 - how old are you ? Rumour has it she came from UK possibly Liverpool area the fullstop!!! The Phillips family in BG are Dorothy's cousins.

So it seems to be a match - I have just completed 40+ years of my family tree and we have strong roots on Barbados with my great grandfather being buried at St Matthias Church yard. He, Lt. William St Aubyn, was married to Elizabeth Ann Phillips who has ties to the Evelyn family. St A family includes Reginald (late of Balmoral Gap), Edith Friend (nee St A) of Hotel St Antoine in St Lucia. Can make the Tree available to you if you wish.

I have a photo of Frederick as identified by my mother - just to get it scanned!

So good to hear from you. Looking forward to your response.

Bill

Return to “Surnames T”