Page 1 of 1

Surname change after birth - Jamaica

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 3:16 pm
by natashas
I would like to know if there any records of name changes after birth.

Example: My grandmother was illegitimate so her name on her birth certificate is her mother's surname Smith but her father recognized her as his child and it was changed to his surname Abrahams. She had siblings. One with the same mother and last name is Smith. I can't find him because I believe it was changed and he was given his father's name. She also had another 2 brothers with her father's surname but can not find their birth certificates because they too had their mother's surname at birth.