JONES - Barbados

Please do NOT post your email addresses here.
Contact available by Private Message ONLY (to avoid SPAM).
cshepherd

JONES - Barbados

Post by cshepherd » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:39 pm

Hello:

I am looking for some family members with the last name Jones in Barbados. In particular Barbara Jones and Paula Jones. Paula may have married and changed her last name.
But she would have been living near Lukes Avenue in St. Michael. If you have any knowledge of this surname or a connection I would love to hear from you.

Caroline
Last edited by cshepherd on Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bimjim
Site Admin
Facebook Identity: Jim Lynch

Re: JONES - Barbados

Post by bimjim » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:43 pm

Jones is as common in Barbados as it is in the rest of the English speaking world. Do you have two or three first names to go with the surname?

cshepherd

Post by cshepherd » Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:02 pm

Yes, of course...thanks

bramas
Facebook Identity: Gwendolyn Jones-Persaud Ram

Post by bramas » Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:16 pm

My grandfather, Reginald Percy Jones, lived in Belmont Road, St. Michael, Barbados, when he married in 1907. Grandad's parents 'lived by the sea' (not sure where) and had about eleven children, so they could possibly be cousins of my mother whose name was Rosa (changed to Rosalind). Do you know who their parents were? I am keen to discover anything about my great grandfather.

cshepherd

Post by cshepherd » Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:32 pm

Thank you for your reply.

Unfortunately I only know the maternal side of the Jones' in my family. Paula Jones' mother is Barbara Jones. Barbara's mother is Elise Jones (nee) Shepherd. Elise Jones' mother is Mary Shepherd. Elise had a sister named Alma Ismay Jemmott (nee) Shepherd 1910 - 1989. They lived together for several years in St. Michael.

I am trying to find out the paternal side of my family.

Paula Jones is living in Barbados and I am trying to find contact information for her.

Do any of these names look familiar to you? Maybe one of your Jones' married Barbara?

Carole

bramas

Post by bramas » Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:34 pm

Unfortunately, none of these names ring a bell. But I have been in contact with someone who does research on Barbadian families, who could probably help you to make contact. But you will have to give here more information that just a name. For instance, date of birth, middle name, approximate whereabouts....

cshepherd

Post by cshepherd » Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:45 pm

bramas wrote:Unfortunately, none of these names ring a bell. But I have been in contact with someone who does research on Barbadian families, who could probably help you to make contact. But you will have to give here more information that just a name. For instance, date of birth, middle name, approximate whereabouts....

Oh dang ! lol...is it possible to get the name of the historian that you are in contact with? Do you know if this person is in Barbados? I will be there next week. Maybe I could make an appointment while I am there.

Thanks,

Carole

bramas

Post by bramas » Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:37 pm

She can be found on Facebook, under Barbados FamilyHistory, her last name is Sandra Taitt.

Gwendolyn

cshepherd

Post by cshepherd » Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:19 am

Ok thank you very much Gwendolyn, I will contract her soon :)
Carole

Return to “Surnames J”