MARTIN - St. Kitts/Nevis

Please do NOT post your email addresses here.
Contact available by Private Message ONLY (to avoid SPAM).

MARTIN - St. Kitts/Nevis

Postby warmdee » Fri Apr 03, 2015 1:21 am

I would like to locate birth records for Ernest Martin, Arthur Martin, James McDonald Martin, and Ellen Maude Martin (b.1882) and their sibling James A. Banks (b. 1878?). I am trying to establish their mother as Mary M. Phillip(s) and fathers as James Martin and William A. Banks, respectively. Any information about this family on the island of St. Kitts or Nevis will be greatly appreciated.

Warmdee
warmdee

Re: MARTIN - St. Kitts/Nevis

Postby chickensharon » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:52 am

Hi, don't know those names,but my great grandmother was Mary Agnes Martin, she was on Barbados and married Edward Ellison Harris. His son was Edward Ellison Martin-Harris, who left Barbados before WW1. We have continued the use of the name Martin in the surname in UK, and ended up in Dorset. My SIL discovered that somebody with surname Martin was sent to Barbados from Sturminster Newton, Dorset in the ?1660's, we wondered if there was any link there?
chickensharon

Re: MARTIN - St. Kitts/Nevis

Postby Tumaini » Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:20 pm

Good morning! My name is Tumaini Martin Kamaria. I've just read you response in this thread where you mention, "We have continued the use of the name Martin in the surname in UK, and ended up in Dorset. My SIL discovered that somebody with surname Martin was sent to Barbados from Sturminster Newton, Dorset in the ?1660's, we wondered if there was any link there?".

I've been on the Martin search. I would like to know if this Martin was the only Martin found that came to the Caribbean, or if he was just the only Martin who you found who came to Barbados. Would you be willing to share your U.K. search sources & databasess used, for your Martin search? I would be exceedingly grateful.

My grandfather was Charles Augustine Martin of St.George Parish, Basseterre, St. Kitts, born June 1868. He died March 18, 1908, at age 40. That is all I have on my Martin line going back in time. Any links you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Good fortune with your search!

Sincerely,
Tumaini
Tumaini

Return to St. Kitts & Nevis & Anguilla