BLAKE Barbados

Please do NOT post your email addresses here.
Contact available by Private Message ONLY (to avoid SPAM).

BLAKE Barbados

Postby Barramum » Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:27 am

Searching for BLAKE in Barbados. Nicholas BLAKE (mariner) came from Galway, Ireland(after Cromwell). His descendant, possibly James BLAKE, returned to Waterford, Ireland early 18th century. He also was a mariner, and the family later had a rope walk and sail business on the Quays.
I have had a search done so probably have most of the information available from the main sources and I have Family Records in Barbados (Family Tree Maker). I'm looking for small bits of information - a grave,or reference in book, or a land deed, or harbour/shipping records. Anything!
Unfortunately mariners tended to move around a lot!
Barramum.
Barramum

BLAKE Barbados

Postby jambo » Tue Feb 06, 2007 4:07 am

Hello

Do you know anything of a connection between the BLAKE family and the WESTERN/WESTON family of Barbados? My line is through the WESTERN and WOODMAN families but I have heard that Richard Western, supposedly a sea captain from Ireland, was connected to another sea faring Irish family - the Blake family.

He was born somewhere around 1775 or so and died in Barbados in 1844. He married Anna "Hannah" West OWENS in 1800 and the had at least four children.

I look forward to hearing from you.
jambo

Return to Surnames B