ST. HILL - Barbados

Please do NOT post your email addresses here.
Contact available by Private Message ONLY (to avoid SPAM).

ST. HILL - Barbados

Postby dafadowndilly » Sat Dec 05, 2015 12:21 pm

Hello. I have very little to go on but was wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction. I am trying to help my niece trace her roots with the name St. Hill. The male side of the family originated from Scotland and went by the name of St. John Hill. He settled in Barbados and married a local girl and after a while the John was dropped and are now know as St. Hill... Sorry I have no dates...

The only names I have is of her father, Marcel St. Hill born 1942. Her grandfather was called Joseph St Hill and he was married to Elise Victoria (no surname) I know this is not much to go on but any help would be appreciated. Thank you.
dafadowndilly

Re: ST. HILL - Barbados

Postby Jennie » Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:39 am

I don't know if this is much help. I am descended from Eleanor St Hill born 1810 St Vincent, father Henry St Hill, mother Isabella Fox. I think Henry St Hill was based in Barbados.
Jennie

Re: ST. HILL - Barbados

Postby RickGlanvill » Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:25 pm

Do you know the name of the Scottish ancestor and rough date he moved to Barbados? Several St Hills (supposedly connected to the Sainthill family of Devon) were on the island from the 1700s, including a Philip St Hill who became a surgeon. Others turned to religion or the military and traveled the world. I am connected to the Devon branch but am attempting to following up research published by Ammabel St Hill, whose husband descended from the Barbados St Hills, and who actually moved ‘back’ to Devon in later life. If it is of interest I have also had my DNA tested through FTDNA.
RickGlanvill

Return to Surnames S