BRODIE - Antigua

Please do NOT post your email addresses here.
Contact available by Private Message ONLY (to avoid SPAM).

BRODIE - Antigua

Postby kirstybee » Wed Oct 25, 2006 10:19 am

Looking for any info on any Brodies. My GGG Grandfather Alexander Brodie was born in Antigua in 1773. He went on to become the chaplain to George lV when he was Prince Regent. Any info on him or other relations would be fantastic.
:)
kirstybee

Re: BRODIE - Antigua

Postby sambonc » Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:37 pm

My 5th g-grandfather John Scott was transported in 1747 to Antigua from England as a Scottish prisoner after capture at the battle of Culloden. 2 sons, Thomas & Andrew, were born in Antigua early 1750s. John Scott was lost at sea, ca 1764, after moving to New Bern, NC (old colonial capital). Both boys apprenticed and in 1773 the owner of the plantation in NC died. A Jane Brodie was named executrix along with the oldest son Thomas Scott as executor since the plantation owner appeared to have no heirs. Jane Brodie also appeared to be a merchant or trader located in New Bern. I suspect the relationship formed between the Scott family and Jane Brodie was formed in Antigua probably in the 1750s. Have you been able to find any more about your Alexander Brodie, parents, g-parents?
sambonc

Return to Surnames B