BROUGHTON - Barbados, St. James

Please do NOT post your email addresses here.
Contact available by Private Message ONLY (to avoid SPAM).

BROUGHTON - Barbados, St. James

Postby braughton » Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:42 pm

Any and all information regarding Symond Braughton and wife Anise Chamberlain; and son James Broughton. Symond died between June & December 1652 on St James, Barbados. His Barbados Will states that he was married to Anise Chamberlain with children James, Elizabeth & Rebecca. I believe that there was a second "James Broughton" in Barbados who moved at some point to the US fathering Willoughby Broughton in 1725 in Virginia. Searching also for the parents of Symond.

Any and all info re the the Chamberlain family most welcomed too. I believe that her parents were John Chamberlaine, DOB 1590 England and Mary Springer, DOB 1601 England.

Thanks!
braughton

Re: BROUGHTON - Barbados, St. James

Postby bimjim » Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:07 pm

This is what I found in my reference books. From "Genealogies Of Barbados Families" by Brandow.

HTH
Attachments
GenealogiesOfBarbadosFamilies.pdf
From "Genealogies Of Barbados Families" by Brandow.
(144.4 KiB) Downloaded 64 times
bimjim
Site Admin

Re: BROUGHTON - Barbados, St. James

Postby WaccamawDawtaw » Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:01 pm

Broughton, A., Gibbes, A. B., & Broughton, H. C. (1914). Broughton Letters. Charleston, SC.

Authors: Broughton, Anne
Other Authors: Gibbes, Anne Broughton

Broughton, Henrietta Charlotte
Source: South Carolina Historical and Genealogical Magazine; 15:171-196 (1914)
Charleston, SC: South Carolina Historical Society, 1914.
Physical Description: 26 p.
Publication Date: 1914
Subject Terms: Family matters
Abstract:
This collection of eighteenth-century correspondence of the Broughtons of South Carolina includes five letters written to Nathaniel Broughton by female members of his family. His mother, Anne Broughton, wrote him in 1715 and 1716, expressing her concern for his soul and urging him to fulfill his religious obligations. Two letters of Nathaniel's wife, Henrietta Charlotte Broughton, dated 1732 and 1733-34, and one of his widowed sister, Anne Broughton Gibbes, dated 1753, contain family and local news. © Joyce Goodfriend, 1987.
Notes:
Contributor(s): Smith, D.E. Huger
Document Type:
Book
Accession Number:
ASPS6.nwld.c241
Database:
Alexander Street Press
WaccamawDawtaw

Return to Surnames B