WILSON - Bahamas

Please do NOT post your email addresses here.
Contact available by Private Message ONLY (to avoid SPAM).

WILSON - Bahamas

Postby joleen » Tue Sep 19, 2006 5:03 pm

I am also new and would like someone's help to guide me in the right direction as the information I hold is somewhat limited. Im trying to locate my Great Grandfather whom I know was Charles Lawrence Wilson of West Indian descent (a ship's fireman), he married my Great Grandmother here in England in 1920 and gave birth to my Grandmother in 1921, and from his marriange certificate I know his father was Michael a master mariner ( who was deceased at this time) I know at this time he was 31 so he would have been born approx 1890. I do not know how long he was in England before he married, although my Grandmother was told that he came here on the boats, and left when she was approx 7/8 as her mother had died by this time and he went back to his home town to find employment. She was then told he died at sea.

If someone could tell me if I will be able to get somewhere with this and if so could you point me in the best place to start.

Much appreciated, as my grandmother spent her life not knowing her father or family and has now passed, i make it my dream to locate him for her.

Joanne
joleen

Postby bimjim » Tue Oct 03, 2006 7:29 pm

Jim Lynch
Owner/Administrator

Caribbean Surname Index
Canadian Surname Index
Irish Surname Index
bimjim
Site Admin

wilson

Postby joleen » Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:46 am