JOHNSON - Emigration to Jamaica

Please do NOT post your email addresses here.
Contact available by Private Message ONLY (to avoid SPAM).

JOHNSON - Emigration to Jamaica

Postby Dave » Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:33 pm

I have just been informed by one of my older brothers that a great uncle of ours Emigrated to Jamaica in the late 1800's, having or so I thought completed our family history it has now gone off in a different direction, his name was John Thomas Johnson, B.1865 at Stockton, Durham, England. That is all I have, naturally I have his parents and siblings details, so if anyone can help me on this one or point me in a direction I would be so grateful.

Regards
Dave
Dave

Re: JOHNSON - Emigration to Jamaica

Postby jsobiz » Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:23 am

I am looking for information on Hubert Henry Johnson and his brother Henry Johnson. I believe they were born in Trelawny, Jamaica. They could have been born around the time John was.
jsobiz

Postby sandyj » Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:59 pm

jsobiz wrote:I am looking for information on Hubert Henry Johnson and his brother Henry Johnson. I believe they were born in Trelawny, Jamaica. They could have been born around the time John was.

My great grandfather is Thomas Johnson married to Epelena Matilda Gentles. My father remembers an uncle named Hubert. I am trying to trace my family tree back to England. My Father is Brenton Emanuel Johnson. Thomas Johnson was born in Jamaica so I don't know how far back I'm looking. The dates and names were similar so I thought I would compare notes with you. Our histry is that more than one brother came to Jamaica from England.
sandyj

Postby candyrain » Sun May 05, 2013 10:42 pm

Hi,

I am actually looking for as much information as I can on my great grandmother Rubina Johnson who was originally born in Trelawney around 1890! Not sure who her parents were as she was put up for adoption so my grandmother tells me. She had two children Doris 'Pearl' Thomas (my grandmother) and Iris Derby. She later married and went by Hutchinson.

Maybe you have more information as to whether we are linked or not.

Thanks, Candice
candyrain

Return to Surnames J