Cover - Lucea

Please do NOT post your email addresses here.
Contact available by Private Message ONLY (to avoid SPAM).

Cover - Lucea

Postby cgwhitham » Sat Oct 11, 2008 5:39 am

Looking for information on Cover 1910 and earlier. Last residence of Agnes Cover was Lucea. Migrated 1910 to Boston, MA.
cgwhitham

Re: Cover - Lucea

Postby fordesau1861 » Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:51 am

Greetings,
In my pursuit to finding my Grandfather(on my mothers side of the family) I found an entry for a Agnes Eugenie Cover born: 1884. died:1934. There was also a Photo of Agnes attached, she was an extremely attractive lady, she was also be-spectacled in the photo with some what of a Elizabethian collared blouse, the photo was posted by an individual by the name of McDonald whom I believe resides in the U.K. I was intrigued by the photo of Agnes because her Physical features are extremely similiar to my Grandfather Eustace Everard Cover. I wonder if Agnes and Eustace are siblings. I have been advised by my Mom(Eustace Everard Covers daughter) that Eustace died around 1930-1934. Eustace was from St. Ann, Jamaica and apparently was the proprietor of a Auto Mechanical Garage.

FYI
Eustace was married to Lucille Crooks (my Grandmother) I believe that Lucille and her brothers Balfour, David, Bunny and Edgar were from Trelawney or Falmouth, Jamaica. Please post your response if the above info is of assistance to you.
fordesau1861

Postby cgwhitham » Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:56 am

hello fordesau --

thank you so much for your reply. yes that photo is most likely the one i put on Ancestry.com in the US. it is the photo that my ex-husband got from his aunt Gloria, the last surviving child of Agnes Eugenie Cover Campbell. i am researching for our daughter Miranda.

in the next week, i will try to call Aunt Gloria to find out if she remembers Eustace Everard Cover. Aunt Gloria traveled to Jamaica in the 1960's or 70's to visit family. i think she had a cousin there at the time who has since passed away.

Agnes born in Browns Town, St. Anns. Her parents were William Cover and Rachel Stewart. All I know is that Agnes was born in Jamaica -- I've presumed her parents were born their too. We think there was a sister Rosetta Stewart.

Agnes married Arthur Campbell, who was also from Jamaica, but was "adopted" by a British family for the purpose of getting an education. he eventually moved to Boston where he married Agnes Eugenie Cover. maybe the MacDonald person is related to that family.

i will keep researching and will contact you as soon as i find anything more. i can give you access to our Ancestry.com family tree if you want to send me an email address.

best wishes and happy searching!

cynthia whitham (formerly Cynthia McLeod)
cgwhitham

Postby fordesau1861 » Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:51 am

Dear Cynthia,
Thank you very much for responding, I am totally encouraged by the update you have provided and yes, my Grandfather Eustace Cover was born in Browns Town, St. Ann. You have refreshed my memory, I am sure that I recall my Mom mentioning Browns Town, St Ann. My Mom was born in 1926, she was the third eldest of six siblings and mentioned that her Dad, Eustace died very young obviously after having all the siblings with my Grandmother. My Uncle Louis Cover was the eldest, if my calculations are correct, Uncle Louis would have been born around 1916 or before. The rest of my Moms siblings are: Lucille Dearie Cover:demised / Joyce Louise Cover: My Mom / Barbara Cover residing in Jamaica & Douglas Cover residing in Jamaica.

Eustaces wife my Grandmother (maiden name:Lucille Crooks), had several siblings: David, Bunny, Edgar, Archibald, Hazel & Trixie. Hazel resided in London until her demise.

Uncle Louis was a bookeeper / accountant and I remember him living in the St. Thomas / Morant Bay area of Jamaica. My last memories of my Uncle Louis was that of visiting him in the Hospital prior to his demise. I was born 1954, so I must have been around five years old at the time of his demise. I hope the above mentioned will be of assistance in making a family connection and assisting me in connecting with my Grandfathers descendents.

Best Regards

DJ
fordesau1861

Postby fordesau1861 » Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:42 pm

cgwhitham wrote:Looking for information on Cover 1910 and earlier. Last residence of Agnes Cover was Lucea. Migrated 1910 to Boston, MA.

Dear Cynthia,
It has been sometime since we last communicated, my Cover cousins and I established our extensive Cover family tree on Geni.com. You have my e-mail address from previous communications, looking forward to receiving your communication and including your daughter and yourself on the Cover family tree.

Sincerely
D-J/FORDESAU1861
fordesau1861

Return to Surnames C