MIGHTY- Jamaica, St. Catharines (Orangeville)

Please do NOT post your email addresses here.
Contact available by Private Message ONLY (to avoid SPAM).

MIGHTY- Jamaica, St. Catharines (Orangeville)

Postby jackpam » Wed May 07, 2008 12:59 am

Jackie Scantlebury, seeking for information regarding my paternal grandfather, James Mighty born about 1889. He had 3 children with Adina Brown: Pearl, Ruth and Alphonso. He went to Cuba during the 1920's and returned years later and started another family. [/b]James Mighty
jackpam

Postby Louise » Wed May 07, 2008 12:50 pm

Hi Jackie,

I don't know if this is any relevance at all, but my father was born to a lady named Josephine Mcfarlane from St Catherines - Spanish Town. His name is Winston and he was registered as Peart, but I have been told his biological father was actually named Mighty.

I haven't been able to find anything to link these two things together. My father was born in 1939.

Let me know if this is anything - if not, good luck searching.
Louise

Re: MIGHTY- Jamaica, St. Catharines (Orangeville)

Postby jackpam » Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:32 pm

Question.... does your father have an overly large nose? If so, he could be my dad's half brother.
jackpam

Re: MIGHTY- Jamaica, St. Catherines (Orangeville)

Postby Rso » Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:59 pm

Hi, I am also a Mighty from Jamaica. My grandfather's Name is Rupert Mighty.

I don't know much about his father, but I can ask my grandma to shed some light. The large nose kinda does describe us. My grandfather had 1 son and 2 daughters, and his son had one son which is me.
Rso

Re: MIGHTY- Jamaica, St. Catharines (Orangeville)

Postby jackpam » Mon May 26, 2014 2:02 pm

Hello
I can't recall if I replied to your post. I will send you a picture of my dad and his sister Ruth so you can see if they resemble your relatives. I don't have a picture of James Mighty(unfortunately). Where can I send the pictures?
jackpam

Return to Surnames M