Antigua: Archives, primary docs

For enquiries about PLACES - Locations, properties, estates, etc.
Please do NOT post your email addresses here.
Contact available by Private Message ONLY (to avoid SPAM).

Antigua: Archives, primary docs

Postby chriscod » Wed Jan 09, 2008 2:57 am

Should anyone be doing any research on Antigua in the Archives, or doing research on Antigua related files in the UK please contact me if you are willing to keep an eye out for certain names such as Macrest, McChriest in Any documents at all for the period 1690-1730

Also any original observations or reports of Barbuda prior to 1720

Thanks much
Cod
CM Codrington
Researching Codrington and related families in the Caribbean 1640-1880. Family trade and business networks
chriscod

Re: Antigua: Archives, primary docs

Postby Phil » Thu May 26, 2011 10:37 am

Chris,

I was researching my grandfathers ancestry some 12 years ago. We were in contact for a while at that time and you helped me quite a bit with my research. I had to stop the research due to work commitment but now I am retired I have taken up the research again. I know that you are heavily involved with your own research but if you find a spare moment would you have any information on records in the parish of St. George, Antigua?

Regards,

Phil Barry
Phil

Postby chriscod » Mon Feb 01, 2016 2:49 pm

Hi Phil
It has been ages since you posted your note but seeing it again thought I would respond and see if you find it

drop me a line and we'll see what we can see.

Cod
CM Codrington
Researching Codrington and related families in the Caribbean 1640-1880. Family trade and business networks
chriscod

Postby Phil » Mon Feb 15, 2016 1:23 am

Hi Cod,

My word, it has been an age since we were last in touch. Surprisingly enough I was filling in some details on the Family Tree just a few weeks ago and was thinking about your good self. How are you these days - well, I hope??

I sent the Gov of Antigua and Barbuda a letter asking for information on my great grandmother Sarah Jarvis. I even got a reply for goodness sake, quite amazing. It would seem that she had 4 sons and 2 daughters to 3 different men. I don't know if you would have any information on this lady or any other persons associated with her? I have a few names Cod but no names of her children just dates that they were born.

1875 Oct 17 Male son of Samuel Henry and Sarah Jarvis.

1877 Dec 28 Male son of William Joseph and Sarah Jarvis. (This is my Grandfather) Born in the Parish of St. George

1878 Dec 19 Female daughter of Samuel Henry and Sarah Jarvis

1818 Feb 7 Female daughter of Samuel Henry and Sarah Jarvis

1890 June 13 Male son of Edgar Sampson and Sarah Jarvis

1892 Nov 29 John Jeremiah Henry son of Samuel Henry and Sarah Jarvis.

Note: - William Joseph was married to Elizabeth Weatherhead and had several children with her.

And that is the extent of my information I am afraid.

The letter was from a Marion Blair (Ph.D.) Director, National Archives.

If you can dig up some more information on those people Cod I would be most grateful to you.

In the while of my Family Tree I have managed to find people who I have been looking for by using the Ancestry web site which I found to be very good indeed.

I look forward to hopeful hearing from you again soon.

With best wishes,

Phil
Phil

Return to Research specialties - Locations, properties, estates, etc.