TRAVESIER, LEDUC - Guadeloupe, Puerto Rico

las Indias Españolas Occidentales - Venezuela, Colombia, Honduras, Mexico, Puerto Rico, Trinidad, St. Lucia, VI, Dominican Republic, Cuba, etc.
Specifically for major differences in research methods and sources.
Please do NOT post your email addresses here.
Contact available by Private Message ONLY (to avoid SPAM).

TRAVESIER, LEDUC - Guadeloupe, Puerto Rico

Postby Glitterfairy » Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:20 pm

In researching my family I just discovered that my 3rd great grandparents on my paternal side came from Guadeloupe. They settled I Naguabo, Puerto Rico. Their names were Carlos Travesier and Amelia Leduc. I have been able to find 4 children: Paula (my 2nd great grandmother) born in 1833, Teresa-born in 1839, Dominga-born in 1848, and Juana-born in 1853. There must have been some sons also, but I haven't found them yet.

Carlos was part of the first group of foreigners accepted in Puerto Rico as a result of the Real Cédula de Gracias which granted them entrance to the island and Spanish citizenship within 5 years if they were willing to swear loyalty to Spain. I have been unable to find anything about Carlos and Amelia anywhere.

I found out they came from Guadeloupe through some of their children's birth certificates.

Would appreciate any information and help. I'm also interested in information regarding the Leduc surname.
Glitterfairy

Return to Research specialties - Spanish West Indies