EVELYN, MAILLARD - St Kitts

Please do NOT post your email addresses here.
Contact available by Private Message ONLY (to avoid SPAM).

EVELYN, MAILLARD - St Kitts

Postby briannicus » Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:24 am

Dear all,

I am looking for information on the Evelyn family of St. Kitts, starting with George James Evelyn (1810, Barbados - 1903, St Kitts). He was married to Lucy Ann Maillard (1817 St. Kitts - 1878, St. Kitts)

GJE was the Receiver General and Postmaster of St. Kitts.

Family Search (private entries) has that many of his children were born in Barbados, but I believe it may be wrong and that they were born in St. Kitts.

Any information that might clear this up would be most welcome. Unfortunately, records from this island appear to be almost non-existent on the Internet.

Thanks,
Brian
briannicus

Re: EVELYN, MAILLARD - St Kitts

Postby dee matthew » Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:06 am

See Generations.kn

See post below - The variables might be a little off, but if you tweak it a bit and work it simultaneously with Ancestry.com, you should come up with something useful.

Search Results in Births Records

•Maillard, Lucy Ann view details
Birth Record of Maillard, Lucy Ann
Birth Date: 1 January, 1865
Sex: Female
Parish: St.George
Mother's Name: Mary Jane Maillard
Residence: New Town
dee matthew

Postby briannicus » Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:36 am

Thank you very much for that. Clearly not my GG grandmother but could be useful nevertheless.
Brian
briannicus

Postby dee matthew » Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:19 pm

My family is tied into these two surnames through the Yearwood Connection. Try following that blog on Ancestry.com and see if you find anything familiar. So far all I have on my end is that my great-grandfather's mother's name was Agnes Evelyn; she married my great-great-grandfather John Benjamin Yearwood in St. Kitts on April 12, 1873. I am a direct-line descendent through their son John Reginald Yearwood. Also, there was a George Evelyn born in St. Kitts in 1859, who I believe was the father of a man my mother introduced us to in Saddlers by the same name; however, I don't recall whether she gave us the family connection because I was only 8yrs old at the time and the name only came back to my remembrance when I clicked on George Sr.
dee matthew

Postby dee matthew » Sat May 23, 2015 1:51 am

It's been a while, but I haven't given up ---- just busy starting and growing other family trees for each of my parents and my husband's parents. So far, we're progressing. Found a lot of stuff on ancestry.com and even more on generations.kn (which is now defunct), so I switched to www.myheritage.com and www.familysearch.org, and they're both working quite well for me; it's just a matter of tying the names into each other. I'm sure you'll find them both helpful. Best to you.
dee matthew

Return to St. Kitts