MARTIN - St. Kitts/Nevis

Please do NOT post your email addresses here.
Contact available by Private Message ONLY (to avoid SPAM).

MARTIN - St. Kitts/Nevis

Postby warmdee » Fri Apr 03, 2015 1:21 am

I would like to locate birth records for Ernest Martin, Arthur Martin, James McDonald Martin, and Ellen Maude Martin (b.1882) and their sibling James A. Banks (b. 1878?). I am trying to establish their mother as Mary M. Phillip(s) and fathers as James Martin and William A. Banks, respectively. Any information about this family on the island of St. Kitts or Nevis will be greatly appreciated.

Warmdee
warmdee

Re: MARTIN - St. Kitts/Nevis

Postby Tumaini » Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:39 am

Hi! My name is Sarah Martin (called Tumaini), daughter of Ernest Martin I have not heard of Arthur or Ellen Martin. The name Maude sounds slightly familiar & I think she might have been the partner of one of my father's brothers. The mother of Ernest and James was Sarah Cassandra Martin, nee Brownbill. We have lots of family on St. Kitts still. I live in Arizona, U.S. We have one relative on Nevis, with whom I had the pleasure to visit in 2010. She is a niece of Ernest and James. Martin relatives on St. Kitts are very informed. Are you in the Caribbean? I hope this information proves useful.
Cheers!
Tumaini

Postby warmdee » Mon Feb 29, 2016 3:33 pm

Hi Tumaini, thanks for your reply. Based on the information that you provided, I don't believe we are speaking of the same Martin family. The names I provided are for a family of siblings, all of who made their way to the U.S. in the late 1800s and early 1900s. I live in New York and visit St. Kitts infrequently. I would love to hear from you if anything else emerges. Thanks much!
Diane
warmdee

Postby Tumaini » Wed Mar 02, 2016 7:32 am

You're welcome Diane!
Tumaini

Return to Surnames M