GILL, GODDARD - Barbados, St Lucy

Please do NOT post your email addresses here.
Contact available by Private Message ONLY (to avoid SPAM).

GILL, GODDARD - Barbados, St Lucy

Postby Otex » Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:47 am

I am looking for any information on my maternal Grandmother MARTHA GODDARD and any of her family members (parents, siblings, cousins etc.) She was born in 1899/1900 and died in 1937 at the age of 38. She was from St Lucy, Barbados and was the mother of 6 children (4 girls and 2 boys.) Two areas that she may have been from are ODIN BOTTOM or HANNAH VILLAGE. I am aware of 2 brothers called SAMUEL GILL and EDGERTON GILL. One of their children was JOCELYN GILL.

Any information would be welcomed.

Thank You
Otex

Re: GILL, GODDARD - Barbados, St Lucy

Postby Boyce4real » Fri Mar 18, 2016 3:32 am

Hi Out there. I too am trying to trace my Gill, Goddard and Boyce families of St. Lucy and St. Peter. I know we are related to a "Jackie" Gill of horse racing fame in Barbados. He lived at Prior Park House in St. James. We were also related to a Gertrude Goddard (Gertie) who lived at Hall's Village in St. James.

My Grandfather Lauriston Goddard-Boyce is related to the Gill, Goddards and Boyces of St. Lucy and St. Peter in Barbados. Lauriston lived in Hall's Village St. James which is next to Prior Park. Mr. Gill also carried the surnames of Goddard and or Boyce.

If you do a search for Phillip Arnell on the Boyce, Gills and Lopez families, you can find additional info. The family is mixed with white, African and Amerindian believed to be Kalinago (Carib). Most of the family can be found in Boscobelle, St. Peter.

Hope this is helpful
Boyce4real

Return to Surnames G