CLARKE, Barbados and Trinidad and New York

Please do NOT post your email addresses here.
Contact available by Private Message ONLY (to avoid SPAM).

CLARKE, Barbados and Trinidad and New York

Postby mnelson » Thu Jul 06, 2006 7:21 pm

"Clarke" found in Barbados in 1870's emigrating to Trinidad in 1890's and to New York in 1928.
Researching ancestors of "Fanovich" originating in Austria (currently Croatia) and "Ollivierra" originating in Portugal
mnelson

CLARKE, Barbados & New York

Postby wsh514 » Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:01 pm

My grandparents immigrated from Barbados to New York City in the early 1920s. Who are your relatives? My grandfather's name was Thomas Wilmot Roy Clarke.
Thank you,
Terry Ann Harper
wsh514

Clarke, Barbados & Trinidad

Postby mnelson » Fri Oct 20, 2006 11:38 pm

A male Clarke born in Barbados had at least 2 sons. Liance Mitchel Clarke (1873-1897) and Ernest William Clarke (born Trinidad 1878 died abt 1940 NY). Ernest was married to Henriette (Liliy) Fanovich. Ernest apparently had originally immigrated to NY in 1909. He brought Lily to NY in 1928 and both died in NY. I suspect Ernest had more brothers and sisters. Ernest and Lily also had 5 children. Elsa arrived in NY in 1922 with husband John Mole. Rita immigrated in 1922. Iris (Clarke) Pates immigrated in 1918.
Researching ancestors of "Fanovich" originating in Austria (currently Croatia) and "Ollivierra" originating in Portugal
mnelson

Postby lilkel » Tue Jan 02, 2007 2:20 am

Do you know if your Clarke family took in a boy/man named John George Sydney Pitcher? He was born to the Pitcher family but, apparently out of anger, left the Pitcher family and moved in with the Clarke family. He than changed his last name to Clarke and from there may have moved from Barbados to America or Canada.
lilkel

Re: CLARKE, Barbados and Trinidad

Postby grandmotherowl » Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:27 pm

I have a grandfather Christopher Clarke still living in Barbados born around 1907. I know very little of his life, but when I visited him last Xmas, he kept saying I am not from Barbados, I am from Trinidad which surprised all of us as we had no idea of the connection with Trinidad. Your post did interest me as it seems there is a connection for the Clarke between Barbados and Trinidad. I thought he was just rejecting his own people due to old age and he is in an old people home. The only thing I know is that he had a relationship with Carmen Marshal of St Philip, Barbados, they did not marry but they had children, one of which is my mother Claudine Montrose Mayers nee Marshall. If you have any information that could help me to do my research on the ancestors of Christopher Clarke I would appreciate. Many thanks.
grandmotherowl

Re: CLARKE, Barbados and Trinidad and New York

Postby illmatical » Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:41 pm

Hello everyone.

My father's name is RODNEY WILMONT CLARKE.

His father was ROBERT JOSEPH NATHANIEL CLARKE from BARBADOS. His father was TIMOTHY CLARKE. His wife was JULIANA HANYES - then CLARKE.

TIMOTHY
ROBERT
RODNEY
NIGEL
illmatical

Return to Surnames C