HALL - Jamaica

Please do NOT post your email addresses here.
Contact available by Private Message ONLY (to avoid SPAM).

HALL - Jamaica

Postby Harv » Mon May 26, 2014 4:19 pm

HALL, Cyril Stewart b. 16 Nov, 1869 Browns Town, Jamaica, BWI. Possibly left the island after 1894 for the United States of America(Philadelphia?). He had four siblings, all born in Jamaica. I have only found one mention of Cyril in the Gleaner newspaper in 1894. Any other information of the elusive Cyril would be appreciated. I have an early Hall family foto with the eldest brother George Bathurst HALL identified.
Harv

Re: HALL - Jamaica

Postby Harv » Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:45 pm

I am delighted to read your posting about Cyril Stewart HALL. It settles the issue that he did not leave Jamaica for the States that was rumoured in my family! I will email you a copy of a photograph of the HALL family but I will need your email address to do this. Please respond if this will work for you. I am also trying to locate birth information for his father Rev. George HALL d. 22 Dec 1880 Lucea, Parish of Hannover, WI. Cheers!
Harv

Postby bimjim » Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:03 pm

You can attach files to Private Messages here.

One way is to look to the right of the messages by the person you want to send the message to, click on the small icon with "PM" on it, and that will open the Private Message form with the destination already pre-set.

OR you could click on the user's name link in the Post, halfway down the page you will see "Send Private Message", click on that linkl and it also will open the Private Message form with the destination already pre-set.

You attach a file by using the links at the bottom of the form.

Jim Lynch
Admin
bimjim
Site Admin

Postby Paraiso » Fri Sep 26, 2014 12:48 am

To Harv. I am sorry I am not able to post my email address on this forum as according to the Terms of Use it is not allowed. Below, Jim explains how to send an attachment. In the meantime I'm attaching Cyril's death certificate.
Attachments
Hall, Cyril Stewart death cert.jpg
Cyril Stewart Hall's death certificate.
Paraiso

Postby bimjim » Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:34 am

Paraiso, feel free to pass your email address to someone else by Private Message... just not in the public Boards.
bimjim
Site Admin

Postby Harv » Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:21 am

Hopefully this jpg attachment of the HALL family of the day reaches you. My grandfather George Bathurst HALL is the young man standing on the left front row. He was probably attending preparatory classes at Codrington College, Barbados at the time for his future clerical work in the Anglican Church in Jamaica and Canada (Alberta & British Columbia).
Attachments
Jamaica Hall household copy.jpg
Harv

Postby Paraiso » Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:04 pm

Thanks so much for the photo - it is too bad that only G.B.H. is identified!! Hope you don't mind me asking, but are you the son of Dr. Hugh MacMillan? The research I'm doing is for the daughter of Allan McD. Hall - my first cousin on her/my mother's side.
Paraiso

Postby Paraiso » Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:13 pm

Harv, Don`t know if you have seen the following:
Legacies of British Slave-ownership
Jamaica St Thomas-in-the-Vale 67 (Coleswould Hill)
Claim Details & Associated Individuals
28th Mar 1836 | 43 Enslaved | £800 11S 11D
Claim Notes:

Parliamentary Papers p. 287.

T71/855: original claim by Charles Henry McDermott, owner-in-fee. Counterclaim dated 14/08/1835 from John and Wm Mulholland, judgement creditors for £232 16s 2d. On 14/11/1835 Charles Henry McDermott (by M Sanguinetti his attorney) admitted the counterclaim of the Mulhollands. On 15/01/1836 Charles Henry McDermott (by M Sanguinetti) withdraws his admission of the Mulholand counterclaim, 'they having withdrawn their counterclaim'.

Angela
Paraiso

Return to West Indies / Caribbean - not specific