LAVINE - Ashton Eustace Alphonso - Barbados

Please do NOT post your email addresses here.
Contact available by Private Message ONLY (to avoid SPAM).

LAVINE - Ashton Eustace Alphonso - Barbados

Postby sontan » Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:25 pm

Trying to find family of my great uncle Uncle T as he was known by his neices and nephews.

My grandfather Charles Cyril Lavine known as "Cyril Quawk" was a brother amongst a few and he had the one sister Elise. I understand he went to live in Welchman Hall, St Thomas.

His father would have been Joseph Lavine and he is the great uncle of Gordon Greenidge.

Would like to find his family as I have with the relatives of his brothers and sister. I am in contact with a few relatives but still would appreciate as much info as anyone can provide but the Lavines of Barbados.
sontan

Re: LAVINE - Ashton Eustace Alphonso - Barbados

Postby Greener » Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:02 pm

I was recently advised that my grandfather Cyril Greene was related to the Lavine's from Black Bess St Peter. Is it possible that it could be the same Lavine's?

I have no idea where to start looking. My mother mentioned that she visited as a child and recalled the names Octavia, Ilene, and Doreen Lavine.

Thank you in advance.

June
Greener

Postby sontan » Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:33 pm

Hi June

My apologies for the delay in replying to you. Those indeed would be the same Lavines. Octavia was my maternal grandmother. My aunts were Eileen, Esmay (Dark Brown), Renee, Enid and Kathleen, my mum was Elsie. Most of my aunties and their families still there in Black Bess. And there are some of us over here in England.

Whereabouts in the world do you live, as there is to be a Lavine family reunion next year August in Barbados.

By the way my name is Sonia. From you mention the name Greene and Octavia I know you must be family. Mum had told us that her mother Octavia or Ocky as she was known as, was raised by her aunt Mary or Marie Greene after her own mother died suddenly.

Mum had mentioned some of Mary/Marie children names but I have them written down elsewhere. I shall try to run those names by you soon to see if you recognise any of them.
sontan

Postby Greener » Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:26 am

Hello Sonia... I'm so happy to receive a response so soon. My mum Eleane has six children. Two of my sisters, a brother and myself all live in Canada. Two sisters live in the US. I'm so anxious to find out any information about my granddad and his family. We have no pictures of him and would love to know what he looks like. My grandmother (his wife) passed away in 2006 and his other two daughters Phyllis and Loretta still live in Quebec.
I look forward to hearing more soon.
June
Greener

Postby sontan » Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:22 am

Hi June

I can not tell you how excited I am to have found some of my gran's family. In all honesty I do not know much about her side, I only had the pleasure of meeting her once when I was 5 yrs old and she passed in Oct. 1983. I don't even have a picture of her alive (the only pics we have of her are of her in the casket at her funeral, which were sent to my mum from the family home in Barbados), so I feel your anxiety in not knowing what he looked like.

All I know of her family is basically what you have mentioned previously. However I will give my aunt Esmay a call and see if I can find out anything else from her. My mother had 7 children, she left Barbados and came to England in 1961. 3 of mum's children were born home in Barbados and 4 of us including me were born here in England. All of mum's children reside here in England in the same town.

My aunt Esmay had 4 boys, 1 born in Barbados and 3 born in England, although they all grew up here. Of the 3 born here remain here, Gordon the eldest lives in Barbados.

Are you on Facebook, as many of the family ie. my Gran's grandchildren are are on there and in contact with each other.

There are a few of my immediate cousins living in the US, in Connecticut, New Jersey and Brooklyn. You are the first of my gran family I know to be living anywhere and it is truly great to make your acquaintance. I'm only sorry it was not sooner as this whole search started just to re-acquaint mum with her family on her mother's side... sadly mum passed nearly 5 years ago now.

I have spoken to my siblings about your contact and the information you have given which ties up the link and they are as excited as I am. I had sent you a private message with my personal email, so please keep in contact. It would truly be great to meet you some day, like I said there is to be a Lavine family reunion next year August and you and your whole family are more than welcome to join us! :D :D
sontan

Return to Surnames L