DALEY, SMALL - Jamaica, Clarendon

Please do NOT post your email addresses here.
Contact available by Private Message ONLY (to avoid SPAM).

DALEY, SMALL - Jamaica, Clarendon

Postby A Poulson » Thu Apr 12, 2007 5:43 pm

Hi......

I am seeking ANY information I can get on the Daley (Small) family from Clarendon in Jamaica.

My Grandmother passed away before I was born and I have little information about her and her family. I am very keen to trace my routes as I feel quite incomplete not knowing.....

As far as I am aware Emelia (Born 22.01.1942) had 4 children before she left Jamaica to come and live in England in the early 60's. As far as I know she wanted to come to England with the hope of settling and sending for her children back in Jamaica.... She had 4 more children (Joanne – My mother, Julius, Amos and Marcia) with my Granddad Tertilliuan Francis (From Viex Fort - St Lucia) between 1963 - 1968 in England.

I am able to trace my St.Lucian routes easily as my Granddad is still alive but am really keen to know about my Jamaican routes.

If anyone can help I would deeply appreciate ANY information.

Kind Regards and Thanks in Advance

Anne-Marie :)
Information sort after for my grandmother Emelia Daley (Formally Small) and her family. Her date of Birth is 22.01.1942. From Clarendon in Jamaica came over to England in 60's partner of my granddad Tertilliuan Francis.
A Poulson

small family

Postby rbeharrie » Fri Apr 20, 2007 3:12 am

I do not know if this is helpful but my grandfather's niece is Millie Small her father was My grandfather's brother and they lived in Clarendon although my Grandfather lived in manchester I wonder if there is a connection there I also know of a Francis who lives right across the street from me who is from clarendon I wonder if we are related.
rbeharrie

Postby A Poulson » Fri Apr 20, 2007 9:39 am

Wow :o

Thanks sooooooooo much for the reply...wasn't sure if anyone would respond. :D

After speaking with my Uncle and other family members I have been informed that my grandmother's sister could have been Millie Small (I think the same one who sang 'My Boy Lollipop').

You mentioned knowing a 'Francis' what is their full name as I can enquire of my Grandad. I know my (Fancis) family is pritty huge due to him having many borthers and sisters.

I Know my Grandmother had four child before coming to England and really would love to know them and ALL her family (My family).

As I said my mother her 5th Child Joanne died 9 months ago and I really want to know all my routes and family as best I can.

Is there anyway you would be able to find out if your grandfather's niece has a sister called Emelia?

I can't believe it....You've made my day just in your reply alone... :D Thank you so much.

Where are you based? In which country? I'm in England.

Take care and hopefully speak soon

Anne-Marie
Information sort after for my grandmother Emelia Daley (Formally Small) and her family. Her date of Birth is 22.01.1942. From Clarendon in Jamaica came over to England in 60's partner of my granddad Tertilliuan Francis.
A Poulson

Postby rbeharrie » Fri Apr 20, 2007 6:03 pm

It is very possible because the small family is very big and I believe allot of them if not in Jamaica are living in England, New York and Toronto I have met some from all diffrent backgrounds. My brother who I do not share the same father with his name is Anthony Daley I am not sure about his father my mother never told me nothing about him but I can name some of the smalls , Miss March( nick name) lived on either maxfield ave or red hills, I believe my Grandfather was nick named Natty or some name that sound like that and there is Renie there is my mother estelle her sister lanette catherine theres more of them but dont want to really name them all I do not have the time. I live in Boston, MA
rbeharrie

Postby A Poulson » Mon Apr 23, 2007 11:06 am

Hi

I hope this message finds you in good health.

I met with my Grate Aunty on my granddad’s side this Sunday, She was informing me about some of my grandmother's sisters and brother that were living in England. I am still trying to find out some of there names - there were many brothers and sisters to my knowledge.

I am expecting my granddad to return to England in May and will be able to speak with him to try and get some more information to put to you.

So, how is Millie related to you? I'm trying to figure everything out.

Form the information supplied to me my grandmother married some with the surname Daley, not sure of her husbands first name.

I have had another person on this site contact me with regards to the Daley connection so if this is of interest to you I will keep you informed of information I am able to find out.

Did you manage to find out the first name of the 'Francis' that lives opposite you?

I will show the names of the people you mentioned to my family and see if they ring any bells.

I am trying to see - is your mother Estelle one of Millie's sisters? If so does she know of Emelia?

This is so interesting to find out information on what is hopefully the missing link in my life............ I really hope all this comes to something good....

I would really love to try and make contact with my mother's other brother's and sister's - Emeilia's first children, as I know my current Aunty and Uncles would.

Keep well and thank you for sharing this information it really means a lot.

Hopefully speak soon

:D

Anne-Marie
A Poulson

Re: DALEY, SMALL - Jamaica, Clarendon

Postby Mandy » Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:43 pm

Hello my dear cousin Ann Marie. I'm one of Emelia's granddaughter born in Jamaica and is currently living in the United States. There's no doubt in my mind that we're related. I'm the daughter of one of Emelia's daughter that was born in Jamaica. I have a very close relationship with both the Small and Daley Family and would love for you to meet everyone. I would love to meet my aunts, uncles and cousins that are living in London. I noticed that your inquiry was posted April 2007 so I'm hoping you will somehow receive my message.
Please contact me ASAP
Your cousin, Mandy.
Hoping to hear from you bc I'm in tears writing to you
Mandy

Return to Surnames D