WELLS, DONAWA, MULZAC - Carriacou

Please do NOT post your email addresses here.
Contact available by Private Message ONLY (to avoid SPAM).

WELLS, DONAWA, MULZAC - Carriacou

Postby Whaleman » Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:23 pm

Gathering information from the period of about 1864 to 1944 about the WELLS family of Carricou along with that of the surnames, DONAWA and MULZAC.
Last edited by Whaleman on Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Whaleman

Re: WELLS, DONAWA, MULZAC - Carriacou

Postby Niaruby » Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:23 pm

Hello, I have an ancestor with the last name Donawa and I took am looking to find more information on them. Bernice Donawa was born in St.Vincent in 1909, her parents were Rosalie Deane and Cirprian Donawa. I have no further information, though they traveled between St. Vincent, Trinidad, Barbados, and Grenada. They also quite possibly could have been in Carricou.
Niaruby

Re: WELLS, DONAWA, MULZAC - Carriacou

Postby Whaleman » Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:42 pm

This could be the same family. I'm researching Ada Roseline "Mande" DONAWA, born in Antigua in 1869 and the mother of the late Captain Hugh N. Mulzac who in his autobiography described her of being of pure African decent and the daughter of James DONAWA, a student of Bishop Bree, Anglican Bishop of the windward Islands and Ordained in Barbados. The Donawa Family traveled and/or lived on all the islands that you mentioned. I've deduced that the pet name of "Mande" is in tribute to the Bambara tribe of West Africa from which her family originated. Let's collaborate on what else we can find.
Whaleman

Return to Surnames D