STOUTE, Richard John - Guyana, Essequibo

Please do NOT post your email addresses here.
Contact available by Private Message ONLY (to avoid SPAM).

STOUTE, Richard John - Guyana, Essequibo

Postby bibeltro » Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:49 pm

STOUTE Richard John - seeking information about my gt. gt grandfather who was maybe born 1849. The first trace of him is his marriage certificate on 2nd June 1887 (38 years old) to Sarah Augusta Haynes. They were married in St Philips Church in the Parish of St Georges in the county of Demerara.

There his profession is given as Police constable, and he was resident in Suddie, Essequio at the time of his marriage.

Does anyone have information of Policemen in Suddie Essequibo at that time, or any other information that can help.

Thanks Bibeltro
Merelyn
bibeltro

Re: STOUTE, Richard John - BARBADOS ??

Postby bibeltro » Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:02 am

Still looking for information about my gt. grandfather. Richard John STOUTE of Guyana born around 1849. I have reason to believe he could be originally from Barbados.

Could he be the grandson of Richard John Stoute, Slave owner (disgusting) who lived in St Peters Parish, Barbados. That Richard John Stoute was born on 1st December 1788, the son of Richard Stoute and Margaret Elizabeth Bayley.

Does anyone have any information regarding Richard John Stoute, born in St Peters Parish, Barbados, 1st December 1788? My gt. grandfather was married to Sarah Augusta HAYNES in Guyana.They had a son, my grandfather, George Arthur Terrence Stoute (not even one of his fathers first names were used).

When my grandfather married and had a son (my dad, George Clement Stoute born in 1918), my granddad stated his nationality as "Native of Barbados".
Merelyn
bibeltro

Return to Guyana (& British Guiana)