Howe Family, St Kitts, British West Indies

Please do NOT post your email addresses here.
Contact available by Private Message ONLY (to avoid SPAM).

Howe Family, St Kitts, British West Indies

Postby hill0788 » Tue Nov 28, 2006 6:44 am

I am seeking ancestors of Thomas Howe and Ann Risden. I have the names of my direct descendants, but would like to hear from "cousins."

Thank you, Beth Hill
hill0788

Howe/Howie

Postby mikebur » Mon Feb 19, 2007 3:00 am

Hello Beth
Your Howe and my Howie may be the same family in St. Kitts. See my web site which is http://www.cyberus.ca/~mikebur
Look under the name Yealland on the site.

Mike Burchell
Ottawa, ON
Canada
mikebur

Postby bimjim » Mon Feb 19, 2007 1:50 pm

Hi, mikebur...

You may be interested to know of one of my other resources... it's the Canadian Surname Index...
http://www.bloorstreetwest.com/surnames/index.php

Good luck!!
Jim Lynch
Owner/Administrator

Caribbean Surname Index
Canadian Surname Index
Irish Surname Index
bimjim
Site Admin

Relative of Howe

Postby jimb92024 » Mon Jun 18, 2007 5:45 am

Beth,
We may share common ancestors through the marriage of May Howe to Theodore Davis. Please contact me if you are interested in discussing this further to find out if we are related or not.

Thanks,
Jim Brooks
jimb92024

Howe Family, May & Theodore

Postby hill0788 » Fri Jun 22, 2007 5:35 pm

Hi

If you are related through either May Olive Howe and/or Theodore J. C. Davis, m. February 28, 1920, then we are related, I am their daughter.

I hope to hear from you.

I have been ill for a long time and lost my hotmail email documents and files. I'm okay now.

Beth
hill0788

Howe Family, May & Theodore

Postby jimb92024 » Fri Jun 22, 2007 10:46 pm

Hi Beth,
Your email address was removed from your post so I cannot contact you directly :cry: I am glad you are feeling better.

My sister and I were separated from our mother in 1950, and shortly after that we lost contact with her. I am trying to locate or find information about our Mom. Based on my birth certificate, she was born in Los Angeles around 1927. Her name is Mary Patricia Davis, though I believe she went by Patricia. Based on the few pictures I have of her, she has red hair. The only Mary P. Davis I could find was born on June 16, 1927 to Theodore Joseph Davis and May Olive Howe and is the third child. The 1930 census has Theodore Jr, Doris Anita and Mary Patricia as siblings of Theodore and May. Do you have a sister name Mary or do I have bad information? I wish no awkwardness to my Mother if she started over with a new life. But it’s important to me to find her or find out about her.

I tried to PM you, but I must be doing something wrong. Can you try to PM me so we can exchange email addresses.

Thanks,
Jim Brooks
jimb92024

Postby bimjim » Sat Jun 23, 2007 12:18 am

Sending a PM is easy... simply look at the bottom of the person's post for the "PM" button, click on that and an email-type of form is the next page. Fill in the spaces, click on Submit, and the message is sent internally.

If the recipient has Notifications turned on, they will receive an email telling them there is a pM waiting for them. All they need to do anyway is to Log In, click on the link that says "You have messages", read your message and if necessary respond to you in the same way.

We restrict email addresses here for a VERY good reason - SPAM. I will not allow this Index to be a source of that dreaded garbage for any reason. PM's here work just fine - I have received several of them myself.

Admin
Jim Lynch
Owner/Administrator

Caribbean Surname Index
Canadian Surname Index
Irish Surname Index
bimjim
Site Admin

HOWE & RISDEN FAMILY FROM ST. KITTS

Postby Rob » Sun Oct 28, 2007 9:31 pm

I am also a descendant of Thomas Howe & Ann Risden. The Howes were Printers on St. Kitts.
My line is from their son George Howe b.1769. George went to London 1790 & worked for various newspapers. In 1799 George was arrested for shoplifting in Alcester. He was convicted and transported to Australia arriving in 1800.
In 1803 George started Australia's first newspaper The Sydney Gazette.

Robyn
Australia

Hi Beth sorry to hear you have been ill. I think the last time I heard from you was Dec 2005.
Rob

Return to Surnames H