MCINTOSH - Antigua, St. Croix

Please do NOT post your email addresses here.
Contact available by Private Message ONLY (to avoid SPAM).

MCINTOSH - Antigua, St. Croix

Postby Ashjc87 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:14 pm

Hello!

I'm looking to find out more information about my 3rd great-grandparents, James Hamilton McIntosh and his wife "Maria P".

James was born in Antigua around 1819, and Maria P. was born around 1818. They were teachers trained at the Moravian Teacher's Training College at Golden Grove, and were sent by the government to St. Croix, US Virgin Islands.

I don't know what Maria's full surname was, and I can't seem to find anything . about the McIntosh surname in Antigua. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

-Ashley
Ashjc87

Re: MCINTOSH - Antigua, St. Croix

Postby Huesgen80 » Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:43 am

Hello Ashley,
I am doing research on Moravians in the Danish and British Caribbean and came across your post on McIntosh. As he was a teacher in the Moravian schools in St. Croix I noticed his name in my sources. Maybe we can share some Information. I lost trace of him after 1848, but maybe you can help me to find out what happened with him. If you are interested I will forward you my information on his appointment as a teacher from my German and English sources. There is a letter of him in the Periodical Accounts Relating to the Mission of the United Brethren Vol. 17 (1843), pp. 348f. You can access it via google books.
Best
Jan
Huesgen80

Re: MCINTOSH - Antigua, St. Croix

Postby Ashjc87 » Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:56 am

Hi Jan! Thanks for your post! I sent you a private message.

-Ashley
Ashjc87

Return to Antigua & Barbuda