WILLETT, WILLITT, HUNT, EDMEAD - Antigua, St.Kitts, Trinidad

Specifically for major differences in research methods and sources.
Please do NOT post your email addresses here.
Contact available by Private Message ONLY (to avoid SPAM).

WILLETT, WILLITT, HUNT, EDMEAD - Antigua, St.Kitts, Trinidad

Postby Pasha » Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:33 pm

Hi there,

It has been a long journey and I would appreciate assistance to find information about my families lives on the aforementioned islands, their ancestors and to find out whether we have living relatives there.

My paternal great grandmother:Roseana Willitt born abt. 1890 (BWI) d. USA.?
My Paternal grandfather:Edward Hunt of Antigua, (BWI) b. abt. 1881 d. USA.?
My paternal grandmother: Rosabelle Katurah Willitt-Hunt-Edmead b. 1 Nov 1907 in St. Kitts, (BWI) d. 7 Dec 2002 in Inglewood, Los Angeles, California, USA.
My paternal aunt or great aunt: Carrie Edmead Famos b. August 10, 1893 in San Juan, Saint George, Trinidad and Tobago. d. USA

One of the few things I have always been told is that my branch of the Willietts and Edmeads were in part of British decent. I would also like to find out Is there any truth to that?

I have done extensive research . regarding their lives in the USA, but still have a few unanswered questions.

In the 1915 New York U.S. Census my paternal great grandmother is listed as Roseana Willitt born abt. 1890 (BWI) d.USA? I would also like to know who her husband was and more about both of their ancestors? I would like to know if Willett was just Roseana's married name, if so, what her maiden was. Her daughter, my p. grandmother was Rosabelle Katurah Willitt-Hunt-Edmead b. 1 Nov 1907 in St. Kitts, (BWI) d. 7 Dec 2002 in Inglewood, Los Angeles, California, USA. Rosabell's husband, my p. grandfather was Edward Hunt of Antigua, (BWI) b. abt. 1881 d. USA? I would also like to find out more about his ancestors, family origins and whether I have living relatives who descend from his branch too?

My paternal aunt or great aunt: Carrie Edmead Famos b. August 10, 1893 in San Juan, Saint George, Trinidad and Tobago. d. USA. We called her "Aunt Carrie" and I found her emigration records via Ellis Island Manifest (Associated Passenger: Caroline26nbsp3BEdmead, Date of Arrival Jul 052C 1913), USA.

Anyone willing to assist me please reply here or to the Face book Group-Caribbean Genealogy Library Family Research Inquiries URL: https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/CGLUSVI/

Best regards,
Pasha
Pasha

Re: WILLETT, WILLITT, HUNT, EDMEAD - Antigua, St.Kitts, Trin

Postby Twillight » Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:09 am

Pasha

I am also trying to trace my family tree, with great difficulty and have found some startling similarities with your ancestry.

Re: The name WILLETT

My mother's maiden name is Williams
My maternal grandmother's maiden name is Williams
My great grandmother's name was ELIZABETH WILLETT, mixed race of Nevis and had my grandmother in 1920.
My mother tells me that my great grandfather's full name may not be on the birth certificate I am seeking, but says his surname was WILLIAMS and he was caucasian.
All of the family are from NEVIS/ST. KITTS.

Therefore, either my G.G.grandmother or G.G.grandfather was a slave(black) or slave owner(white).
Twillight

Return to Research Specialties - British West Indies