DOUGLAS - St. Kitts, Sandy Point

Please do NOT post your email addresses here.
Contact available by Private Message ONLY (to avoid SPAM).

DOUGLAS - St. Kitts, Sandy Point

Postby californiak » Thu May 30, 2013 6:06 pm

Looking for information or relatives of the Douglas Family from Sandy Point, St. Annes, St. Kitts (formally St. Christophers).
My grandfather was Charles Agustus Stephen Douglas. He had siblings by the name of Theo, Joseph, John and George (brothers) and Elivira & another sister.
Their parents were Charles Douglas and Jane Abednego.
Charles's father was named Zachariah Douglas.

In the 1920's most of the sons left the island and headed for Bermuda and the USA.
californiak

Re: DOUGLAS - St. Kitts, Sandy Point

Postby dee matthew » Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:17 pm

Not at all familiar with that spelling as being from Dieppe Bay, but I know the Browne family (of which my husband is a descendent) is very prominent in Dieppe Bay. Try generations.kn and ancestry.com for info and use both versions of the name, then try to locate people in the family who are familiar to you and tie them in with the names that you find to create timelines and lineage. Also, bear in mind that familiar names does not always mimic given names, e.g. mom's given name was Gwenneth, but she was familiarly known as Mary (nafter her "dead grandmother,") but Mary is not registered on her birth certificate.
dee matthew

Re: DOUGLAS - St. Kitts, Sandy Point

Postby dee matthew » Sat May 23, 2015 1:34 am

Try www.familysearch.org. Keyword just about any name you can recall, and they pop up in droves. I'm researching my mother's maternal lineage from her mom, Agnes Caines back, and for the first time I found all the essential information that I need to work on my family tree, including my great-grandmother's maiden name. I'm sure you'll find it helpful. Strangely enough, it's a free site, with payment requested only for advanced features-if needed, but it works such great wonders in the free aspect that you might not want to go any place else. Best to you.
dee matthew

Return to St. Kitts