BRANCO - Georgetown, British Guiana/Guyana

Please do NOT post your email addresses here.
Contact available by Private Message ONLY (to avoid SPAM).

BRANCO - Georgetown, British Guiana/Guyana

Postby pirate » Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:27 am

my grandfather: John Pereira Branco, born March 9, 1892 in Georgetown, British Guiana. He was the manager of Fogarty's shoe department in Georgetown. Emigrated to the USA first in 1913/1914 but returned to Britsh Guiana shortly thereafter. Eventually permamently emigrated to the USA again in 1927.

married Angelina Petronella Leal on Sept 6, 1913 in Georgetown, British Guiana.

They had five children: Olympia Felicita, Leonilda, John Jerome, Norman Ignasius, Vernon.

-=-=-=-=-
my great-grandfather: João/Juan/John Pereira Branco. could have been born around 1865 (maybe) (very unsure). Possibly born in Madeira, Portugual (VERY unsure of this). He was a large scale grocer in Georgetown, British Guiana.

my great-grandmother: Augusta Gonsalves, born August 12, 1870 in Georgetown, British Guiana.

They married on July 25, 1886 in Georgetown, British Guiana.

They had five children: Matilda (Nina) who remained in British Guiana when the rest of the family emigrated to the USA, Philomena, John Pereira (my grandfather), Albert Pereira and Mary Conception.

-=-=-

I am looking for any information regarding my great-grandfather, João/Juan/John Pereira Branco.

I am looking for any information on Matilda (Nina) Branco, who stayed in British Guiana when the rest of the family left. She was born on May 4, 1887, year of death unknown but was alive as late as 1956. She married 1) Reginald Ralph in 1906 and had 2 sons: Reginald Felix Ralph and Leonard Donald Ralph. 2) Sydney Lyle in 1956, no children. Remained in Guyana when rest of immediate family emmigrated to the US. Matilda's branch is the one we lost track of.
Shelley Rodgers in California, USA
pirate

Return to Surnames B