Douglas - Barbados

Please do NOT post your email addresses here.
Contact available by Private Message ONLY (to avoid SPAM).

Douglas - Barbados

Postby Peter Douglas » Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:17 pm

I am looking for information on William Albert Douglas. He is the father of William Pizaro Douglas (1884-1949) who was born in Christ Church, Barbados. William Albert Douglas married Lavinia Deane, also of Christ Church, Barbados.
Peter Douglas

Re: Douglas - Barbados

Postby bimjim » Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:44 pm

I don't do research for others, but to get you started the IGI has some info you may find of interest...
https://familysearch.org/search?PAGE=igi/search_IGI.asp

Insert the names, then click on "Residence" (for one example, when you get going you can explore others), the years from 1850 to 1950 (also not necessary), and click on the Search button...

You can also search by first or last name only, but return on that kind of query is limited by the database to about 6,000 entries.

Anyway, you can click on the name in the returned page of results and the whole record comes up in a fresh page - or you can just click on the down-arrow at the right of the record right and it all drops down anyway within that page so you are not constantly running backwards and forwards loading web page to web page.

This latter n=method (the drop-down within the page) means you can have several records open at the same time. Just Copy and Paste (as you would from anywhere else) to build your Tree.

** According to the IGI, the names you have may be inhcorrect... William Albert Douglas and Lavinia Deane Douglas had a son named William Pizano Douglas.

Good luck with your research!!

Best wishes,

Jim Lynch

--

William Pizano Douglas
Barbados Baptisms, 1739-1891
christening: 26 Jul 1884 Barbados
father's name: William Albert Douglas
mother's name: Lavinia Deane Douglas

indexing project (batch) number: I01462-6
source film number: 1158005
bimjim