Lue Sue, Louis HERRERA - Cuba, Trinidad, China

Please do NOT post your email addresses here.
Contact available by Private Message ONLY (to avoid SPAM).

Lue Sue, Louis HERRERA - Cuba, Trinidad, China

Postby terri14th10 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:23 am

If anyone has information on my great-grandfather Louis (Luis?) Herrera Lue Sue, native of China, immigrated to Cuba, where he was given the name Herrera. He ended up in Trinidad. I'm interested in any information on his predecessors, also possible relatives in Cuba. tia
TC
terri14th10

Re: Lue Sue, Louis HERRERA - Cuba, Trinidad, China

Postby nluesue » Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:11 pm

terri14th10 wrote:If anyone has information on my great-grandfather Louis (Luis?) Herrera Lue Sue, native of China, immigrated to Cuba, where he was given the name Herrera. He ended up in Trinidad. I'm interested in any information on his predecessors, also possible relatives in Cuba. tia
TC

Hello, I have photographs of our great-grandfather, great grandmother, their wedding. What information do you have on when he arrived in Cuba?
nluesue

Postby terri14th10 » Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:31 pm

Hello,
I have very little information except what I was told about him by Stephen Lue Sue (deceased) and Patricia. They didn't know much about him before his arrival in Trinidad. I'd be grateful for any info you may have and I am very curious about the Cuba connection but so far I have nothing.
Teresa
terri14th10

Postby nluesue » Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:49 pm

Teresa, Louis left China either from Canton or Hong Kong. I have looked at all the labour contract records of people coming directly from China and haven't found his. I do not believe he came directly from CHina to Trinidad. I believe he came indirectly to Trinidad. Our Lue Sue ancestors came from Shandong Province in China the correct english translation for Lue Sue is Lu Su. We have some famous ancestors. A famous general called Lu Su etc.

Nicholas Lue Sue
nluesue

Postby terri14th10 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:16 am

Nicholas,
Thanks for the info. I imagine that there are records in Cuba. I'd love to have the opportunity to go there and find out for myself! I'd love to see the photographs if that is possible. My grandmother was Louis daughter before, I believe, he got married to your great grandmother. Her name was Juliana Sanchez who married Fernando Cardines my paternal grandfather. I have a link at geni.com. I can send a link or invite if you are interested. The Lu Su side as you'd imagine is a little sparse but I discovered that I'm related to people I've known for a while such as Solomon Sun Kow (I taught Karina and have known Bertha since we were teenagers), David Chan Wing and Wendy Aqui. Trinidad is a small place!
Teresa
terri14th10

Postby nluesue » Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:18 pm

Teresa, you are right Trinidad is a small place!! I have been researching and gathering information on my family in ernest since November last year. IF you give me an email I can send the photos to you. I can give you all his children from my great grand mother and their children down to two generations after me with some work. Do you know the year he died or was born.

Nicholas Lue Sue
nluesue

Postby nluesue » Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:21 pm

terri14th10,

How are you, any new info on our great grandfather? I am continuing my research.

Nicholas
nluesue

Postby terri14th10 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:54 pm

Hi Nicholas,
Haven't been able to do any research, unfortunately.
terri14th10

Postby nluesue » Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:27 pm

I am taking a break. Will resume later. I am considering going to the Chinese Embassy in TT to trace his travel from the Chinese side.
nluesue

Postby terri14th10 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:06 am

Hope you'll return refreshed from your break! Thanks for your efforts; it's hard work esp when you have other full time responsibilities.
T.
terri14th10

Postby terri14th10 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:50 am

I've found the links (below) to records on Chinese immigrants to Cuba.
They might be worth a look for any record of "Luis" or Louis Lu Su (Herrera).
I've taken a quick glance but they are hard on the eyes at nearly 10 PM!
http://www.cubagenweb.org/ships/chinos/ ... 201855.pdf

http://www.cubagenweb.org/ships/chinos/ ... 201861.pdf

http://www.cubagenweb.org/ships/chinos/ ... nduiza.pdf

All of the above were links at Cuba Genweb http://www.cubagenweb.org/ships/chinese.htm
terri14th10

Return to Surnames L