DRAYTON - Barbados. All

Please do NOT post your email addresses here.
Contact available by Private Message ONLY (to avoid SPAM).

DRAYTON - Barbados. All

Postby Cathy » Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:22 pm

I`m seeking information on any Draytons from Barbados, Wilhemina Drayton who married Albert Cummins. I understand they had two children, Samuel Cephas Cummins and Estine who married a Kirton. Samuel immigrated to Canada abt. 1916, he was b: Jan. 14, 1895. Any connection or information on these names would be greatly appreciated.
Cathy

Re: DRAYTON - Barbados. All

Postby pounder » Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:55 pm

I am a granddaughter of Oscar Drayton, born in Barbados during 1880s and migrated to Trinidad as a child. Seeking info on his mother and any other family from B'dos
pounder

Postby CEBFW » Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:19 pm

My great aunt Louise Williams was born in Barbados in 1871. She married Arnold Drayton(1871-1934). They married in St. Vincent but Drayton was a Barbadian. Drayton graduated from the teacher's college (Codrington Teacher's Training College) in Barbados. He was teaching in St. Vincent where he met and married Louise. They had 9 children: Leslie, Conrad, Viola, Erskine, Alonso, Elliott, Eglantine, Joyce and Aroer. They are both buried in St. Vincent.
CEBFW

Postby pounder » Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:29 pm

Unfortunately, I have absolutely no information on the Draytons from Barbados, but I will continue to check the posts.
pounder

Postby ChristineG » Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:22 am

Hi Cathy,

I sent you a private e-mail. I am 100% sure you have made a connection. The folks you described are my great-great grandparents. Just tonight I was doing a search for "Cummins" in Nova Scotia, where I know my great-great Uncle Sam migrated in 1916. One thing led to another and I found the boat he left Barbados on...I kept using the Internet to all sorts of Canadian sites and came across your post. Needless to say, I am totally in shock and have been on the phone at least 3 times updating my Mom who lives in Barbados. My Mom raised me talking about her Mother's uncle "Sam". Please contact me, I gave information about the only child we are aware that Sam had in my e-mail.

Christine :)
ChristineG

Return to Surnames D