DAVIS, Jamaica

Please do NOT post your email addresses here.
Contact available by Private Message ONLY (to avoid SPAM).

DAVIS, Jamaica

Postby skisquash » Sun Jun 11, 2006 2:50 am

Looking for Davis in Jamaica from the areas of Montego Bay, Lucea area. Names include James Arnold Davis, Wilfred Arnold Davis and Arnold Davis from roughly 1850s, 1890s and 1870s, respectively
skisquash

Re: DAVIS, Jamaica

Postby jdavisthomas » Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:59 am

My known Davies are from Westmoreland, Clarendon, Hanover, St. Elizabeth, St. James and St. Andrew.

Rachel Augusta Rankine nee Davies, Blue Hole, Hanover
John Robert Baquie Davies, Clarendon
Frank Edward Davies, Westmoreland
Rachel Hay Brooks nee Davies, St. Elizabeth
Rachel Stone Sterne nee Tate married John Sterne

Any information is greatly appreciated
jdavisthomas

Postby Bazza » Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:04 am

Kia ora Davis People
My grandfather Jean-Rose BAQUIE was born in Kingston Jamaica c.1856. I notice you have this surname amongst your family. I do not have any information re the Davis family, but you may be able to shed some light on the BAQUIE inclusions in yours. Hopefully we can assist each other
Best regards
Barry Baquie
Bazza

Postby TimSBClarke » Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:43 am

Hi – I’m very interested in the fact that you mention an interest in both the RANKINE and DAVIES (DAVIS) surnames in Jamaica. My family name is CLARKE and I have both RANKINE and DAVIES amongst my relations as follows:-
JOHN RANKINE. Born at Belvedere in St James in 1838. Went to sea at about 15 years old with his friend my G grandfather DAVID BERNARD CLARKE who was also about 15. Became a 1st Mate and was lost at sea in 1864. He married ELIZABETH DAVIES, daughter of PETER DAVIES (1804-1879) who was a dock foreman in Liverpool. After his death ELIZABETH DAVIES married my G grandfather and became my great grandmother.
JOHN RANKINE had a sister ELIZA JUDITH RANKINE born 1836 in Jamaica who later married REVD. DAVID WARING (1840-1888)
Now although the PETER DAVIES mentioned above appears to have been born in Cheshire UK my grandmother had a DAVIES she regarded as a cousin in Jamaica. Her address book from the 1950’s gives his name and address as: ARTHUR DAVIES, Avon Mount, Red Hills, Montego Bay, Jamaica. Perhaps ARTHUR was a brother of PETER.
Do you think our families are related?
Tim Clarke
TimSBClarke

Return to Surnames D