LYON, Jamaica - All (but many located in Hanover)

Please do NOT post your email addresses here.
Contact available by Private Message ONLY (to avoid SPAM).

LYON, Jamaica - All (but many located in Hanover)

Postby LyonTree » Fri Sep 15, 2006 1:33 am

Mish Kumar - Looking to find out more about the Lyon family, many concentrated in Jamaica (Hanover, Lucea) btwn 1750-1950 (scattered around Jamaica throughout the years).

Names include 3 generations of "Jacob" Lyon's;

Other Lyon members during 1800's include Ellalene, James, John H, Joseph, Montrose, Wilford Carvalho, Sydney, Ivan Harry, Neville, Humprey;

Early 1900's included - Gerald Randolph, Ivan Jerome, Rupert Linley, John Henry, Lily Carmen, and Margaret Eliza.
LyonTree

Re: LYON, Jamaica - All (but many located in Hanover)

Postby Winchester » Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:28 pm

Hello,

My name is H. Winchester Lyon and my family, the Lyon side are all from Bamboo, St. Ann. A small group of my family are attempting to create a genealogy chart for the Lyon family. We are really just beginning and don't know very much as yet. One think we have realized so far is that ALL persons with the surname "Lyon" are related and also that we are spread across the north coast and also in Kingston.

I would love for us to share notes and to see if we can cross reference. In the meantime, I will try to find out more about Samuel Rupert Lyon. If I find anything I will post it here.
Best Regards,
H. Winchester Lyon
Winchester

Re: LYON, Jamaica - All (but many located in Hanover)

Postby JeanS » Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:50 pm

hello
I am descended from joseph lyon, brother of John Kirkaldy Lyon and James Lyon the sons of Jacob Lyon and Elizabeth Kerr Kirkaldy. I am looking of information of Jacob's father Jacob Lyon, merchant of Lucea and his partner Rebecca Wetherstone. i have an extensive tree on Ancestry.com called Lyons of Jamaica and would welcome any information. Regards
JeanS
JeanS

Return to Surnames L