PARRIS - St.Michael, Barbados

Please do NOT post your email addresses here.
Contact available by Private Message ONLY (to avoid SPAM).

PARRIS - St.Michael, Barbados

Postby Maxwell » Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:02 am

Looking for the relatives or descendants of Oliver Oscar Parris from Barbados. He was born around 1909.
Maxwell

Re: PARRIS - St.Michael, Barbados

Postby AHS712 » Thu May 31, 2012 1:32 pm

I believe that was my great grandfather. My great grandmother was Evangeline Parris
AHS712

Postby DIP » Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:33 pm

We are living in Britain but believe that Oliver is my Grandfather.
And we are compiling a family tree at the moment, so it could be useful to compare notes.

DIP
DIP

Postby Maxwell » Sat Jul 28, 2012 3:13 am

Do you know the names of his grandparents or great-grandparents,so that we can see if we are related?
Maxwell

Postby DIP » Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:18 am

Hi Maxwell,

Unfortunately, I do not know his grandparents names. I was looking to at least find his parents' names. I do know that he was married to Violet (Bowen - her father's name, Griffiths - her mother's name).

Oliver's mother came from St. George, and her name was Louise Alice Burke. And she had 2 brothers, one was called Bertram.

I'm sure that my mother, my aunt's and uncle will know more. Let me know if this helps.
DIP

Postby Maxwell » Sat Aug 04, 2012 2:16 am

Just checking if you got my last message about Louise Burke?
Maxwell

Postby karl » Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:26 pm

Hi guys,

I am also trying to do a family tree. My Grandad is from Barbados and have never met him or know if he is alive still. He saw me when i was a baby in 1980.

My Grandad's name was Alan Oscar Parris, not sure where in Barbados he lived, but all I know he was in the merchant navy and must have come to the UK where he meet my Grandma and they had my Dad (who is now dead).

His Dad (my Gread Grandad ) I have been told by other family members was a knight in Barbados and he owned a tea plantation (??)

I have also found something on ancestory.co.uk about his niece looking for him in 1957 and the extract says he left Barbados in 1940, living in the Southampton area, then he went out on service to Palestine, his niece was named Miss Cecile M. Leacock.

So he must have had a brother or sister to have a niece

Anything you guys can tell me at all about this info ??

Cheers
karl

Postby Pamela » Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:08 pm

We have a Charlotte Parris in our Boatswain Family tree. Do not know if that was her middle name or married name though but she was married and had three children.

Pam Riley Bassett-Carmalt
Pamela

Return to Surnames P