WALCOTT - Barbados, Trinidad, Guyana, Jamaica + Portugal

Please do NOT post your email addresses here.
Contact available by Private Message ONLY (to avoid SPAM).

WALCOTT - Barbados, Trinidad, Guyana, Jamaica + Portugal

Postby pabloc » Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:44 pm

Hello, I too am a Walcott. I have never met my biological father nor any of his family. However, my mother's side of the family has told me over the years that my father's family is from Albert Town, Trelawny. Only recently, i was told that i am a descendant of Albert Walcott. Having spoken to a few people who knew both my mother and father before i was born, I have found out that my grandfather's name is Albert Robert Walcott (one of six children of Albert and Hilda Walcott). My fathers name is Everitt ( goes by the alias of Percy short for Percival)Walcott.

Over the years, I have been told that I have family in Barbados, Trinidad, Guyana, Jamaica and Portugal, but i have no way in which to prove this. My grandparents have often indicated that my great-grandfather was possibly from Europe ( but I have never proven this to be true or not).

Therefore, if there is anyone within this forum who knows more about the Walcotts in those countries please feel free to contact me.
pabloc

Re: WALCOTT - Barbados, Trinidad, Guyana, Jamaica + Portugal

Postby angel » Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:05 pm

Hi pablo

I am also a Walcott descendant.

From the info you posted we may be related. My grandfather is Alfred Walcott (you mentioned Albert) who was married to Hilda Maud Walcott (nee Sheckelwood), they reside in Trelawny, Jamaica, had six or seven children.

My mother is their daughter Rosina. We emigrated to the UK, where are you? :D

Kindly send me another post.
angel

Postby pabloc » Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:40 pm

Hello Angel,

I sent you a private message.

Pablo
pabloc

Re: WALCOTT IN BARBADOS

Postby angel » Tue May 01, 2012 7:59 pm

Hello, where are you?
angel

Postby LBJr » Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:18 pm

I'm a Walcott descendant too.

According to what I was told, my great grandfather from my grandmother's side (from my father's family side) was Walter Walcott from Barbados and he had one child with a Jamaican lady named Virginia Forrest in Panama.

My grandmother's name is Daisy May Forrest, she was born in Panama in 1923.
LBJr

Postby cnurse » Wed Jan 07, 2015 3:22 am

My great-grandfather, on my mother's side, came from Barbados. His name was Edwin Reuben Walcott. He came from St. Philip.

He emigrated to Guyana sometime in the 1800s. His son, my grandfather, was born in 1901.

I do not have any other information about my great-grandfather's family.
cnurse

Return to Surnames W