RICHARDSON, McINTOSH, WOOD, WOODS - St. Lucia, Tobago

Please do NOT post your email addresses here.
Contact available by Private Message ONLY (to avoid SPAM).

RICHARDSON, McINTOSH, WOOD, WOODS - St. Lucia, Tobago

Postby Marcia » Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:28 am

My great grandfather and great grandmother came from the island of Tobago about 1882 or thereabouts to St Lucia.

Their children were born in St Lucia from 1883 onwards.

Registration of the children stated that their mother was 'coloured'.

My great grandparents were said to have been born in Tobago about 1848 to 1858 or thereabouts.

His name was EDMUND LEOPOLD RICHARDSON. Her name was MARY ELIZABETH WOODS MCINTOSH. Although it was sometimes listed as Wood.

These people have been evading me!

My late Grandmother knew Mary Eliza and said that she was a 'small tippity witch woman' who was a mulatto. There was no oral history as to his appearance, nor written description.

Can you help?

Marcia
Marcia

Re: RICHARDSON, McINTOSH, WOOD, WOODS - St. Lucia, Tobago

Postby lsheils » Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:24 pm

Hi,
I am also a descendant of Edmund Leopold Richardson born 1858. He died in St. Lucia in 1914. Mary E Woods-McIntosh was from Scotland from what I understand. She died in St. Vincent March 28, 1923.

I do not have any pictures of either of them but will keep you in mind if I find anything.

There is another relative who put together a breakdown of the descendants of Edmund and Mary. If you would like a copy I can try to send it to you. It is 8 pages so I don't think it would be easy to re-do it on this post.

What is the name of your grandparent who is the Richardson? My grandfather was George Richardson who died back in 1984. He moved to Toronto, Ontario, Canada around the time he joined the Canadian Army in 1917.

Lynne
lsheils

Re: RICHARDSON, McINTOSH, WOOD, WOODS - St. Lucia, Tobago

Postby bimjim » Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:40 pm

You can send a Private Message with attachments here. Look to the right of each Post for a small square icom with the letters "PM" on it, click on that and the form is pre-addressed to the person who wrote the Post.

The Attachment piece is at the bottom of the page.
bimjim
Site Admin

Return to Trinidad & Tobago