MCCALLA - Jamaica, Bellas Gates

Please do NOT post your email addresses here.
Contact available by Private Message ONLY (to avoid SPAM).

MCCALLA - Jamaica, Bellas Gates

Postby jpmccalla » Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:38 pm

My family is from the island. I still have family there on the island. My grandfathers name is Izett Montrose Ephram McCalla. Any information in reference to this would be quite helpful. I keep hearing about brothers from Ireland that came to the island years ago. If anybody has time frames and peoples names who could even be slightly associated with the clan, it would be quite helpful.

Sincerely,

Joshua McCalla :D
jpmccalla

Re: MCCALLA - Jamaica, Bellas Gates

Postby jpmccalla » Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:39 pm

I also have family that lives in Kingston but also family origination in St. Catherine.
jpmccalla

Postby skeman » Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:57 pm

Hi,
I am looking for Colin McCalla family; one of his grandsons is my cousin.
Carmen
skeman

Postby SLevien » Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:50 am

My great grandmother: Angelina Ann Levien nee McCalla b. 1870
My great, great grandmother: Sarah Thompson McCalla
My great, great grandfather: Alexander McCalla
Great grandfathers 2nd wife: Josephine Beadela Levien nee McCalla
Great Aunt: Claris McCalla nee Levien
Great Aunt: Iris Levien nee McCalla
Great Aunt: Ida "Tit" Levien nee McCalla
Great Uncle: Sonny McCalla
Uncle: Calvin Renalza McCalla b. 1920

Added to my tree:
Louise Lorleen Richards nee McCalla b. 1899 d.1969
Dora McCalla wife of Alvin McCalla
Roy McCalla
"Sis" McCalla
Andrea McCalla
Annie McCalla wife of Alexander McCalla
Blanche McCalla
Gwen McCalla wife of Ebenezer McCalla
Harold McCalla
Marsie McCalla
Nathan McCalla
Paulette McCalla
Roy McCalla

I have done a lot of research into my lineage. I know of people who have done extensive McCalla family trees from Bellas Gate.

Any questions on the McCallas, please send me a message...thanks.

Sandra Levien
SLevien

Postby SLevien » Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:05 pm

jpmccalla wrote:My family is from the island. I still have family there on the island. My grandfathers name is Izett Montrose Ephram McCalla. Any information in reference to this would be quite helpful. I keep hearing about brothers from Ireland that came to the island years ago. If anybody has time frames and peoples names who could even be slightly associated with the clan, it would be quite helpful.

Sincerely,

Joshua McCalla :D

Hi Joshua,

I found your grandfathers birth certificate "Izett Montrose Ephraim McCalla".
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/XN96-KMV

Anymore assistance let me know :)
SLevien

Postby Jenny McCalla » Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:19 am

I am just starting my search on my maiden name, McCalla. My grandfather's name was Felix John Samuel McCalla, he lived in Grierfield, Moneague, St Ann, Jamaica, but I often heard the name Bellas Gate mentioned so I suspect he had some connections there. He was married to an Ida (?) Brown and died in 1959. He had 8 children - Sidney, Leslie- Gladstone, Harry, Clarice, Ruby, Hilsa, Birdie, Polly. Polly and Hilsa are alive and living in the States.

My father, leslie ( Gladstone), married to Beryl Joyce Wiles originally from Comfort Hall/ Evergreen, Manchester and they have 5 children - Milton, Paulette, Jennifer, Alice, Mike - who all but one currently reside in the USA. I reside in the Cayman Islands. All the children attended Ferncourt High Sch, CAST, UWI. I think all McCallas are related and though I rarely meet people with that surname here, it would be interesting to know more about my great grandparents and any unknown relatives.
Jenny McCalla

Postby Sheryl » Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:46 pm

Hi Jenny, my name is Sheryl McCalla and Sydney McCalla is my dad. His siblings that you mentioned I do know personally. I also saw a blog where you were speaking with someone by the name of Janice which I believe is my sister. My sister and I have been searching and came across this site. Please let me know if we can talk privately. Thanks.
Sheryl

Postby bimjim » Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:53 pm

Sheryl, look to the right of Jenny's Post for a small icon with a "PM" on it. Clicking on that - the one to the right of Jenny's Post - sets up a Private Message form with Jenny as the destination addressee with which you can start communicating privately.

Per the Terms Of Use, please do not place any email addresses here in public Posts - but you may pass email addresses (and anything else you wish) in Private Messages.

I am happy you connected with each other - best of luck with your continuing research.

Best wishes,

Jim Lynch (bimjim)

Owner/Administrator
Caribbean Surname Index
bimjim
Site Admin

Postby Sheryl » Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:43 pm

Jim thanks so much for your response, I sent her a PM, hopefully I will get a response. Thanks so much for setting up this site.
Sheryl

Postby bimjim » Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:50 pm

I would just like to leave you with this thought... the more names and places you leave in public here, the more there is for the search engines to connect you with others are are still looking - now and in the future.

So - when you are done corresponding in private - it would be to your advantage to add the extra details you have discovered in a public Post.

Again, best wishes...
bimjim
Site Admin

Return to Surnames M