BROWN - Caribbean, possibly Jamaica

Please do NOT post your email addresses here.
Contact available by Private Message ONLY (to avoid SPAM).

BROWN - Caribbean, possibly Jamaica

Postby johmaka » Sun Jul 25, 2010 5:27 pm

Greetings. My name is John Brown and I am attempting to locate my father's family - BROWN, that hail from the west indies. I was told that my grandfather's name was Kelly Columbus Brown, he was a carpenter, and he came to th US by boat, landing in VA. Relatives say he was from Jamaica.
johmaka

Re: BROWN - Caribbean, possibly Jamaica

Postby Ava » Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:04 pm

Hi John, I'm also searching for Brown's from or around the Nonsuch, Port Antonio Jamaica area. My grandmother's name was Adina Brown. Does that name ring a bell?
Ava

Postby johmaka » Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:27 am

I'm not sure. I know that the names Kelly or Kellie Brown or Columbus Brown were used. I will check on Adina brown. Thanks.
johmaka

Postby jackpam » Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:52 am

Hi, My grandmother's name is Adina Brown too. she was born around 1899. Her mother's name was Fanny Cooper, born around 1850?? Adina had 3 kids with James Mighty: Pearl b 1918, Ruth b 1920 and Alfonso b 1923.
jackpam

Postby dee matthew » Sat May 23, 2015 2:03 am

Found a lot of Brown (Browne) on ancestry.com paid subscription and even more on http://www.myheritage.com and http://www.familysearch.org, and they're both working quite well for me; it's just a matter of tying the names into each other. I'm sure you'll find them both helpful. Best to you.
dee matthew

Return to Surnames B