Why are you all just looking?

Discussion related to Caribbean genealogy.
THIS BOARD IS NOT FOR LISTING SURNAMES!!

Why are you all just looking?

Postby Rosaline Jeffrey » Sat Sep 16, 2006 8:26 pm

How do you expect to find family if you don't participate or am I missing something here??

I assume everyone here is trying to trace family members whether historic or present, yet nobody is giving. You can't find anyone by standing by and just looking - you need to share - this way everyone benefits.

Come on people let's talk. Your email addresses are not made public, you don't need to worry.

Trinidad & Tobago records are hard to find, so anyone researching these areas or that has information is well welcome to participate. I need to find great grandparents from Trinidad.

Please everyone, take part and stop just being observers.

regards to you.
I'll worry tomorrow...
Rosaline Jeffrey

Postby jrmcdoug » Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:36 am

I'm so glad someone said something. I registered in March 2007 and I still see that people are only "dropping in". Tracing Caribbean family history is hard so it will take some dialog to get this moving.
jrmcdoug

Postby Rosaline Jeffrey » Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:17 am

jrmcdoug wrote:I'm so glad someone said something. I registered in March 2007 and I still see that people are only "dropping in". Tracing Caribbean family history is hard so it will take some dialog to get this moving.

I only got notified today that there was a message here. I think the internet is getting slower in it's old age..... :roll:

It would be nice if people shared their information...I mean, as soon as I have anything new on my grand-fathers, I would put that information on here. My grandfathers had brothers and sisters (not confirmed) but they must have married someone !!!...that's the sort of info I mean.

When/if, I ever go to Barbuda or Trinidad, I'll copy anything I see in the registers and post that information. I wonder if anyone else has thought of doing that. Let's pray someone in the West Indies will decide to share the registers with the internet. Of course, then the whole thing will crash :( :lol: ......but aah, how good it will be for us researchers.
I'll worry tomorrow...
Rosaline Jeffrey

Return to General Discussion