Richardson/Nash, Emporium, Jamaica

Please do NOT post your email addresses here.
Contact available by Private Message ONLY (to avoid SPAM).

Richardson/Nash, Emporium, Jamaica

Postby claremont » Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:53 am

My ggrandfather George William Nash married Isabella Ann Richardson, but I cannot find any connection for her in the Caribbean except their marriage entry for 30 December 1840, C.J.P.Douet, officiated. Together they established "Emporium" and had at least 8 children, the eldest of whom George was sent to school in Kent, UK, where his father was born. Possibly Isabella was from UK, although I have not traced her there either.

Any connections out there?

Claremont
claremont

Re: Richardson/Nash, Emporium, Jamaica

Postby leaf » Sun Sep 12, 2010 3:27 pm

GWN my gg grandfather. Through a cousin met . about a month ago learned that Isobella Ann Richardson was born in Virginia USA ?1820, daughter of Richard H Richardson, draftsman (draughtsman). By my count GWN and Isobella had 12 children. Quite a bit of info found on ancestry.com.
leaf

Postby claremont » Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:52 am

Hello leaf,

thanks for the reply. I had also found the same info on ancestry re Isabella since my original post in April, but there the trail ended, for now.

Will you say how you connect to GWNash/Isabella Richardson? I am still interested in their extended family. Their first son, George, who was sent to school in the UK, was my grandfather, and my father Allison Alfred was his last child, born 1904.

claremont
claremont

Postby leaf » Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:03 pm

Your grandfather George's brother William Caswell Nash(1845-1899) was my grandfather Ellsworth's (1895-1963) father. I believe that Ellsworth was the last of ten children. Another of William's greatgrandchildren has been doing the family tree for about 50 years - she posted the info on Richard Richardson being a draftsman. She's a good source, certainly for the generations that follow WCN.
leaf

Postby claremont » Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:20 am

Hello again,
Yes, I too am now in touch with WCN's ggdaughter, and gleaned a little more info on the Richardson connection - I am hoping there will be more to come.

However, I was pleased to learn that you are connected thru Ellsworth Nash, because I had his name in my father's notes, but did not know where he belonged in the family tree! There was also a note that he was a very tall person, 6'7" or so. Did you inherit that gene? Perhaps you would fill out some detail of your immediate ancestry for me.

claremont
claremont

Postby leaf » Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:17 am

Claremont, I thought you'd posted a contact address, but am no longer finding it. Please send me your contact details
leaf

Postby claremont » Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:22 am

Hi,
I did post my home email, but the administrator deleted this as the Post Reply box is a public area. I will have a look at how the private messaging works to see if It is possible there - and try to follow the rules.

claremont
claremont

Postby bimjim » Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:23 pm

I am the Administrator - and you are correct that I will not allow ANY email addresses in a public Post for a range of very good reasons, discovered the hard way over the years. Sorry about that, but will just have to trust me why that's not allowed.

On the right hand side of every Post is the username of the Poster, and there are two ways to get to the PM page.

You can click on that username (on the right hand side) and then click on the link "Private Message" on the page that comes up.

Or, look under the same username on the Post page and you will see a small button with "PM" on it. Click on that and you will go directly to the Private Message page.

Once you get there, just type your message into the message box - the destination username is already pre-filled - and click on the Send/Submit button.

It's very easy to use.
Jim Lynch
Owner/Administrator

Caribbean Surname Index
Canadian Surname Index
Irish Surname Index
bimjim
Site Admin

Postby nashfamily » Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:42 pm

nashjam My information about Isabella Ann Richardson is that she was born in Virginia and her father was employed by President Thomas Jefferson.
nashfamily

Postby nashfamily » Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:49 pm

nashfamily to claremont I have read your reply but have not learned the pm trick.I would like to know the birth order and dates of Allisons siblings.
nashfamily

Postby bimjim » Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:13 pm

To the right of each and every individual Post is a small icon - a small light-blue head and shoulders with "PM" next to it... on your own Posts look directly under...

--

nashfamily

[icon here]

--

Just click on that icon next to the Post of a person you want to contact, and the ID of the person you are writing to will be pre-loaded into the Pm form. Just type in a Subject (compulsory) and a message (also compulsory), click on the Submit button and it should work.

You can even test it out on yourself by clicking on the PM icon next to your own Posts and sending yourself a PM Private Message.

HTH

Jim
bimjim
Site Admin

Postby nashfamily » Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:27 pm

I have found some wonderful notes between Richard Richardson and Thomas Jefferson.

In 1801 Richardson inherited a property in Jamaica. He sold it in in 1804 and returned to Virginia to work for Jefferson in building Monticello. No mention of a wife or family.

Does anyone know how to find owners of property in Jamaica in the 1800's? He received the property from a Joseph Richardson.

The notes can be found at Richardson and Thomas Jefferson.
nashfamily

Postby claremont » Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:29 pm

Hello again,

Missed this reply earlier today. I have had a quick look at the notes for Richardson and Thomas Jefferson - interesting reading.

For property listings in Jamaica try the jamaicanfamilysearch.com site (subscription required) where you could find your missing link. However the property names are not always clearly stated in the Almanacs.

claremont
claremont

Postby Badminton » Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:36 pm

Does anyone have connections to the early Richardson families of Jamaica going back prior to 1700? There are many Jamaican early Wills in the Jamaica archives.
Badminton

Postby Badminton » Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:30 pm

On the LDS site . they have:

Descendants of James Maria Richardson

1 James Maria Richardson b: 1886 of St. Andrew, Jamaica.
. +Emily Matilda Inez Carey b: Bef. 1894 of St. Andrew, Jamaica.
....... 2 Odilee Heloise Carey Richardson b: June 21, 1914 St. Andrew, Jamaica.
....... 2 Monica Patricia Richardson b: September 9, 1915 St. Andrew, Jamaica.
....... 2 Denis Lawrence Richardson b: August 8, 1917 St. Andrew, Jamaica.
....... 2 Sylvia Veronica Richardson b: September 14, 1921 St. Andrew, Jamaica.
....... 2 James Maria Richardson b: December 10, 1923 St. Andrew, Jamaica. d: January 16, 2012
....... 2 Maurice Gregory Richardson b: March 13, 1927 St. Andrew, Jamaica.

Is this the same family?
Badminton

Next

Return to Surnames R