A new post for Theophulus Richardson, Anguilla

Please do NOT post your email addresses here.
Contact available by Private Message ONLY (to avoid SPAM).

A new post for Theophulus Richardson, Anguilla

Postby CherylDLVP » Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:11 pm

Theophulus Richardson's brother Edward Richardson had a daughter who worked for a white family. Her name was Rebecca Allen Richardson. And she conceived a child Lilian Richardson who married a Hodge.

Still seeking more information on Richardson from Anguilla. They could be from around Sandy Point.
CherylDLVP

Re: A new post for Theophulus Richardson, Anguilla

Postby Badminton » Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:37 pm

Theophulus Richardson's brother Edward Richardson had a daughter who worked for a white family. Her name was Rebecca Allen Richardson. And she conceived a child Lilian Richardson who married a Hodge.

Hi Cheryl, are you sure above is accurate?

Anguilla Civil Births give a Rebecca Allen Richardson born 25 July 1884 with parents as below? Or, is your Rebecca Allen Richardson with father, Edward Richardson, a different person?

Descendants of William Benjamin Richardson

1 William Benjamin Richardson b: 1854 in of Sandy Ground, Road Division, Anguilla. Black. d: May 13, 1924 in of Sandy Ground, Road Division, Anguilla. Black labourer. Aged 70y of senility.
. +Mary Elizabeth Gumbs b: Bef. 1866 in of Road Hill, Road Division, Anguilla.
..... 2 Rebecca Allen Richardson b: July 25, 1884 in of Road Hill, Road Division, Anguilla.
............ 3 Lilian Violet Richardson b: October 19, 1907 in of Road Hill, Road Division, Anguilla. Coloured.
..... 2 Albertine Williams Richardson b: October 18, 1886 in of Road Hill, Road Division, Anguilla. Black.
......... +James Mathias Ruan b: Bef. 1888 in of Anguilla. Black.
............ 3 Sarah Virginia Ruan b: February 28, 1908 in of Road Division, Anguilla. Black. d: April 5, 1911 in of Road Hill, Road Division, Anguilla. Black. Aged 3 years of sarcoma of kidney.
............ 3 Alice Constantia Richardson b: February 1, 1912 in of Road Hill, Road Division, Anguilla. Black.
............ 3 Arnold McKenzie Richardson b: February 28, 1914 in of Road Hill, Road Division, Anguilla. Black.
............ 3 Rodsman Dunbar Richardson b: August 22, 1916 in of Sandy Ground, Road Division, Anguilla. Black.
............ 3 Maurice Aristor Charbonnier Richardson b: February 7, 1918 in of Sandy Ground, Road Division, Anguilla. Black.
..... 2 Louisa Alberta Richardson b: July 7, 1890 in of South Hill, Road Division, Anguilla. Black.
......... +Octave Rauback b: Bef. 1890 in of South Hill, Road Division, Anguilla. Black.
............ 3 Nathaniel Octave Rauback b: June 12, 1912 in of South Hill, Road Division, Anguilla. Black.
..... 2 George Nathaniel Richardson b: March 12, 1894 in of Road Division, Anguilla.
..... 2 Joseph Richardson b: 1898 in of Road South Hill, Anguilla. Labourer.
......... +Anne Eldica Carty b: June 7, 1905 in Road South Hill, Anguilla. Black. Labourer. m: June 16, 1927 in Civil Marriages Anguilla. 29/23. Bachelor/spinster.
Badminton

Postby CherylDLVP » Sun Jun 05, 2011 7:17 pm

Hi badminton,

The Rebecca Allen Richardson I am referring to is the same person. so it is correct.
I guess the Edward Richardson is not correct. I received that name from another person. This person also a Richardson, Both her parents carried Richardson.

Thank you very much for this information.
I am wondering if this William Benjamin Richardson is brother to Theophulus or maybe an uncle ?

Thanks and regards

CherylDLVP
CherylDLVP

Postby Badminton » Sun Jun 05, 2011 7:39 pm

Could this be your Theophilus?

Descendants of John Theophilus Richardson

1 John Theophilus Richardson b: 1863 in of The Road, Sandy Ground, Anguilla. Seaman. Coloured/Black..
. +Amelia Rebecca Carty b: Bet. 1866 - 1867 in of The Road, Sandy Ground, Anguilla. Seamstress. m: May 11, 1886 in Anglican Church, Anguilla. Neither signed. Bachelor 23/spinster20. Neither signed. d: August 25, 1909 in of North Hill, Road Division, Anguilla. Black. Baker. Aged 41y of retrophonyngeal abscess.
......... 2 Hilder Vanita Richardson b: February 3, 1887 in of Road Division, Anguilla. Black. See her notes. d: March 5, 1892 in of Sandy Ground, Anguilla. Aged 15m of convulsions.
......... 2 John Hilton Richardson b: December 28, 1888 in of The Road, Sandy Ground, Anguilla. Black. Labourer.
............. +Adriana Ethel Smith b: August 10, 1889 in of Sandy Ground, Road Division, Anguilla. Labourer. Black. m: July 12, 1910 in St. Marys Anglican Church, Anguilla. d: August 2, 1928 in of Sandy Ground, Road Division Anguilla. Black labourer pauper. Aged 38y of tuberculosis.
..................... 3 James Wilbert Richardson b: September 5, 1910 in of Sandy Ground, Road Division, Anguilla. Black.
..................... 3 Denis Mervin Richardson b: June 13, 1912 in of North Hill, Road Division, Anguilla. Black.
..................... 3 Esther Romalia Richardson b: May 8, 1914 in of North Hill, Road Division, Anguilla. Black.
..................... 3 Albertha Amelia Richardson b: August 24, 1916 in of North Hill, Road Division, Anguilla. Black.
..................... 3 Girl Richardson b: Abt. May 22, 1921 in of North Hill, Road Division, Anguilla. Black. d: June 6, 1921 in of North Hill, Road Division, Anguilla. Black. Aged 15 days of tetanus neonatorun.
......... 2 Rosalie Murray Richardson b: November 14, 1890 in of Road Division, Anguilla.
......... 2 Nathaniel Washington Richardson b: May 6, 1893 in of Sandy Ground, Road Division, Anguilla.
......... 2 George Cornelius Richardson b: August 18, 1897 in of Road Division, Anguilla.
......... 2 Henry Leonard Richardson b: August 18, 1897 in of Sandy Ground, Road Division, Anguilla. Sailor.
............. +Miriam Evangeline Richardson b: April 7, 1897 in of Long Bay, Road Division, Anguilla. Seamstress. m: April 8, 1920 in Civil Marriages Anguilla. 24/26. Bachelor/spinster.
......... 2 Thomas Andrids Richardson b: June 20, 1901 in of Sandy Ground, Road Division, Anguilla. d: November 19, 1969 in Sandy Ground, Road Division, Anguilla.
=======

William Benjamin Richardson I cannot tie to an Edward or Theophilus. Being of Road Division they were probably Methodists and Civil Records only started about 1883 but not all children initially registered.
Badminton

Postby CherylDLVP » Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:06 pm

Hi badminton,

This T R sounds much like the one I am looking for.

All I know and will repeat is that my mother was around 18 years old when her father died that would be around 1946 and
she said her father was very old in his 80's,
But my mother and her siblings were born in St Kitts.
Her sister Mary rR was born around 1917
Her brother St Claire was born around 1920
and her birhtdate was March 11 1928.
I don't know if you have access to St Kitts Records.
Her mother's name was Beatrix ( Bay) Hanley And they lived Bayroad, Newtown St Kitts.

Thanks once again for the information

greetings,
CherylDLVP
CherylDLVP

Postby Badminton » Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:13 pm

Know BMD records are available in St. Kitts so why not try there.
Badminton

Return to Anguilla