MACDONALD, MACGREGOR, WAKEFIELD - St. Vincent, Nevis

List all your surnames here in sequence (locations optional).
Please do NOT post your email addresses here.
Contact available by Private Message ONLY (to avoid SPAM).

MACDONALD, MACGREGOR, WAKEFIELD - St. Vincent, Nevis

Postby Mike S » Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:20 am

MacDonald, MacGregor - St Vincent
Wakefield - Nevis
Mike S

Re: MACDONALD, MACGREGOR, WAKEFIELD - St. Vincent, Nevis

Postby Mike S » Mon May 16, 2011 7:00 pm

Hi Gordon,

Thanks for your reply. I'm not aware of a James MacDonald but it is possible that he could have been Duncan MacDonald's uncle. All I know is that Duncan went out to join his uncle in St Vincent in the early 1800s.

FYI, I had a look at http://home.clara.net/mawer/sugarff.html to see if any Frasers were listed. There are a few but the only reference that might be relevant is the mention of Gloucester Sugar Merchants, Lane Son & Fraser, 1773.

Regards

Mike
Mike S

Postby RHB » Fri Nov 20, 2015 5:44 pm

Hi,

I'm searching for my maternal grandfather. He was born and grew up around Georgetown St. Vincent and his last name is Macdonald/McDonald. He has mixed ancestry and was born in or around 1916. I am wondering if there is a connection to the Wallilibou, Richmond Vale MacDonalds. St. Vincent is a small island so it is quite possible, despite being denied etc., that the white Macdonald men ( 1 or more) may have fathered child/children with local women during their time there. History reveals that though it was not an accepted act, the mixing of races did occur quite often. So if there is any information that you can provide ( ie. Family hidden secrets), it would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,

RHB
RHB

Postby RHB » Sun Dec 27, 2015 4:28 pm

My grandfather's name was Alpean Macdonald/Mcdonald. He had one sister in St. Vincent who was known as Ms. l and had two half sisters in Trinidad called Olive ( unknown surname) and Justina (Tina) Mcdonald. Tina has a son named Fame who currently lives in Brooklyn, New York. Does anyone out there have a picture of Alphean "King" Macdonald/Mcdonald?

RHB
RHB

Return to ROLL CALL surname listings