CARRINGTON, Barbados to Trinidad and Tobago

Please do NOT post your email addresses here.
Contact available by Private Message ONLY (to avoid SPAM).

CARRINGTON, Barbados to Trinidad and Tobago

Postby Candice Francois » Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:10 pm

I am looking for information about Carrington brothers who left Barbados in the late 1800s/early 1900s and migrated to Trinidad and Tobago. Somehow all Carringtons in Trinidad and Tobago are supposedly descendants of these siblings. I have not been able to pinpoint the exact story and was wondering if anyone could help. I have heard the following variations of the story from different members of my family:

Version 1:
3 Carrington brothers came from Barbados to Trinidad and Tobago: James, Wesley and Gustavus. They settled in Tobago and had several children. Their father's name was Seddra Carrington.

Version 2:
6 Carrington brothers and 1 sister came from Barbados to Trinidad and Tobago. The sister's name was Bebe Carrington. The brothers' names were:
- Wesley Carrington a.k.a. James Wesley Carrington
- Shadrach Carrington
- William Carrington
- Prophet Carrington
- No one knows the other 2 boys' names for sure, but one may be called Henry Carrington. (Someone from Princes Town, Trinidad is looking for information about a Carrington relative that came from Barbados and mentioned Henry Carrington's name).

Version 3:
3 brothers came from Barbados: Shedrach Carrington, William Carrington and another who no one knows his name.
- Shedrach was James Wesley Carrington's father.
- Gustavus Carrington was the other Carrington brother's son (the one who no ones his name) .

I am not sure if there are records in Barbados about any of these people. I would like to know what the real story is so that I can update my tree.

Thanks in advance for any help that you can provide.
Candice Francois

Return to Tobago