BLANC - Dominica, Hagley Grand Bay

Please do NOT post your email addresses here.
Contact available by Private Message ONLY (to avoid SPAM).

BLANC - Dominica, Hagley Grand Bay

Postby Dblanc » Sun Feb 18, 2007 3:40 pm

Deborah Blanc, seeking any Blanc relatives in order to complete family tree. Tracing fathers relatives world wide. Joseph known as T-Joe.
Dblanc

Re: BLANC - Dominica, Hagley Grand Bay

Postby Bobbie » Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:43 pm

My maternal great grandmother was Maria de Jesu Blanc called Jesuita who died in Trinidad in March 1912. She was married to Pedro Prada & lived in Trinidad most of her life, I believe. I have been trying to find out where she was born & when, but unable to do so. Her brother was a doctor, Tony Blanc, who died aged 29 in 1906, again in Trinidad. She also had a sister who was married to Pedro's brother Enrique Prada (also a doctor who was mayor of Port of Spain 1914-1917). If this is the same family & you can tell me more about Jesuita I would be delighted.

Bobbie
Bobbie

Postby Blanc » Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:59 pm

Hi there,

I'm Nicole Blanc. My parents are from Dominica and my father is Giraud Blanc from Grand Bay. I personally don't know that far back, but my mother recalls a lot. His mother was Ma Leslie. 1 brother and 3 sisters, I believe all from different fathers...
Blanc

Postby Blanc » Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:28 am

Nicole B. again.

OK, so I found something out... My grandfather may have been called Joe for Joseph, but it may just have been the nickname given to most of the men.

I'll have more on 17 April after we make a few calls!
Blanc

Postby neishabs » Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:14 pm

Hi,

My name is Neisha Smith nee Blanc and I live in Trinidad. I've been researching my family name as well and only recently registered here. I came across these posts today. The story I know so far from another Blanc family member is that all the Blancs in the Caribbean are related through four brothers who settled here from France. The problem is finding the links to all of them. Their names were : Jean Etienne, Genesis, Louis and Jean Marie. We've traced Jean Etienne to Trinidad and believe that Louis may be the Dominican link. Does the name Selina Garrow ring a bell? She was his wife. Maybe you can do some more digging to find out??
neishabs

Return to Surnames B