WALCOTT - Jamaica

Please do NOT post your email addresses here.
Contact available by Private Message ONLY (to avoid SPAM).

WALCOTT - Jamaica

Postby keri » Mon Aug 28, 2006 1:37 pm

Hi!
I am also doing some research on the Walcotts family. My name is keri walcott . My parents, grand and great grandparents are actually from Hanover in Jamaica. MY grand father before his death lived and work in Englands for decades ...I was told he went there with his great grand parents ....his name Ivan Walcott .Based on the fact that The Walcotts are really not "clan" people ( not very close or dont keep in contact) My research has almost been infutile :( . I do know that the registrar in Jamaica does searches...however they still need a lot of family background.....names DOB etc.....I was thinking about visiting the Noel Holmes hospital in Lucea as well as the registrar of Land . The one known fact is that the Walcott's have always owned a vast amount of property.My search is also hampered by the fact that in previous years the father of a child was not required/allowed to be on birth certificates unless parents are married ....I just had mine change to include fathers name :) .... My grandfather ha a brother now living in England his name is wally ....my fathers name is Dennis Walcott.... I do believe that my grand uncle could be some help but I last heard from him when my grandfather died about 8 years ago ........
keri

Re: WALCOTT - Jamaica

Postby TDowl » Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:19 pm

There are Walcotts still living in Donalva, Hanover, matter of fact a lady called aunt Dear was married to one of Great Grand Uncle John Johnson.

Most people know Donalva as Mt Hanna (which is the church).
TDowl

Postby kcotts » Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:04 pm

Hi, I'm from Kingston Jamaica, but my dad's side of family is from Trelawny and he has the surname Walcott. I have never heard of or met my paternal grandfather, i dont even know his name .I'm sure there is a reason for that but i really want to know my family. My father is from Prospect or somewhere around there if that helps. Hope to hear from someone. Bye :D
Kai
kcotts

Postby SLevien » Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:45 pm

I am in search of my Walcott family members. They are from Moores, Rock River in the city of Clarendon in Jamaica.

I have the marriage record of:

Noel Walcott Sr. and his wife Ivy Eulales Walcott nee Langley. They got married in 1928.

Some of their children's names are:

Lena Maud Walcott
Velores Walcott
Clevens Walcott
Noel Walcott, Jr.
Delores Walcott

They may have had more children but I don't know their names. Noel and Ivy Walcott do have a granddaughter named:

Pauline Walcott

I am guessing Pauline should be around the age of 35 - 55 right now. She is listed as the informant of death on her grandmothers death record in 1987. The address says "Flat G, Building 13 Tavares Garden in the town of Hagley Park, St. Andrew Parish, Jamaica".

Thank you.
SLevien

Return to Surnames W