JONES, Henry "Harry" Milton - Guyana, Trinidad

Please do NOT post your email addresses here.
Contact available by Private Message ONLY (to avoid SPAM).

JONES, Henry "Harry" Milton - Guyana, Trinidad

Postby bimjim » Sun Jul 22, 2007 9:16 pm

Henry "Harry" Milton JONES - Trinidad

Looking for any relatives of Henry "Harry" Milton JONES b.ca.1916, went on to Barbados and Trinidad.

Harry's mother was a Webber/Webster from Trinidad, and he had several siblings, one was a brother named Garth Jones.

Seeking any verifiable family connections.
Jim Lynch
Owner/Administrator

Caribbean Surname Index
Canadian Surname Index
Irish Surname Index
bimjim
Site Admin

Re: JONES, Henry "Harry" Milton - Guyana, Trinidad

Postby sandra of oregon » Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:20 am

I think you are referring to Harry Milton "Sonny" Jones who was born September 25, 1911 in Georgetown, the eldest of 11 including Garth. His mother was Sarah Eleanora "Nora" Webber (not Webster) b. Scarborough, Tobago in ca. 1886. His siblings included Gloria Marie Jones Hubbard (b. October 16, 1913); Joyce Cameron Jones Van Handel (b. April 28, 1915); Russell Cameron Jones (b. May 10, 1916); Allan R. Jones (b.March 24, 1918); Dora Jones Brill (b. January 24, 1921); MaryAnn Jones Deaton (b.November 26, 1925); Garth Godfrey Jones (b. November 1, 1928); Natalie Jones Murphy (b. December 26, 1929); Harold Anthony "Tony" Jones (b.January 20,1931), and Daphne Rosalind Van Batenburg Jones (d. age 2).

Also, you probably know that when Harry "Sonny" Jones went to Barbados he married Joan Lynch and had 6 children including Diane, Challenor, Rodney, Elizabeth, Felicity, and Marilyn.
sandra of oregon

Postby bimjim » Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:50 pm

Jackpot!!!

I knew Joan Lynch, who was my cousin - as are Diane, Challenor, Rodney, Elizabeth, Felicity, and Marilyn. I was trying to track down Harry's family for my family tree - I am my immediate family's genealogist who has expanded my research to any and all branches. Harry's line seemed to peter out until I found some others on Facebook.

Thanks much for the names and dates. If you are related, I have a database on-line which requires username and password for privacy reasons, and there are several family members - including a Jones descendant - who have made contributions and expressed interest. Please send me a PM if you are both related and interested and we can take it from there.

Thanks much again for the info and contact!!

Jim Lynch
bimjim
Site Admin

Postby sandra of oregon » Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:02 pm

Hi Jim, I thought you might be related,given your last name. How, exactly, are you related? I am Sandra Van Handel Suran, Joyce Cameron Jones Van Handel's eldest daughter. Therefore, we are related. "Sonny" Jones and Joan Lynch Jones were my uncle and aunt. Diane, Chally, Rodney, Elizabeth, Felicity and Marilyn are all my first cousins although I have not had contact with them in many years.

I would love to re-connect as well as get additional genealogical data. I can help add more info also. Who did you find on Facebook?

Thanks so much for what you are doing -- this is fascinating and fun!
sandra of oregon

Postby bimjim » Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:59 pm

Hi Jim, I thought you might be related,given your last name. How, exactly, are you related? I am Sandra Van Handel Suran, Joyce Cameron Jones Van Handel's eldest daughter. Therefore, we are related. "Sonny" Jones and Joan Lynch Jones were my uncle and aunt.

Joan Lynch was the daughter of my grandfather's brother, Percy, so Joan was my cousin. My grandfather was Cyril Aubrey Lynch (Percy was his brother), my father is (now Sir) Douglas Lynch, who still lives in Barbados.

Diane, Chally, Rodney, Elizabeth, Felicity and Marilyn are all my first cousins although I have not had contact with them in many years.

Rosalind, Diane, Fifi and Marilyn are all living in the south of England, Chally and Rodney still live in Barbados, Elizabeth is in Trinidad (I think) and the last I heard was suffering from cancer. I only have contacts for Marilyn.

I would love to re-connect as well as get additional genealogical data. I can help add more info also. Who did you find on Facebook?

On Facebook I am in contact with Nicole and Tia Webber, back up the line from Harry Jones, Joan's husband. There are a few others who I connected with there, but I'm not quite exactly sure what the relationships are and have asked Nicole to get involved to update the Tree on-line. I am still awaiting for a response.

I will send you a PM with my private address so we can exchange info and I can get you registered on my database on-line.

Thanks so much for what you are doing -- this is fascinating and fun!

Yes, I do think so too... I created this resource to help all Caribbean people make connections because the larger countries have companies which focus on themselves and are not very interested in small markets. As you can see, here there are repeated successes!
bimjim
Site Admin

Postby AMAS » Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:16 pm

Hello,

I noticed that Sarah Eleanora "Nora" Webber was the mother of the following 11 siblings, however I didn't see the name of the father. I might have overlooked the information. What was the first name of Mr. Jones?

Thank you.
AMAS

Postby bimjim » Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:12 pm

AMAS wrote:Hello,

I noticed that Sarah Eleanora "Nora" Webber was the mother of the following 11 siblings, however I didn't see the name of the father. I might have overlooked the information. What was the first name of Mr. Jones?

Thank you.

The husband of Sarah Eleanora "Nora" [Jones] Webber was Henry Milton Jones, b. 28 Sep 1881 in Georgetown, British Guiana.
bimjim
Site Admin

Postby AMAS » Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:20 pm

Thank you!

On with my search.
AMAS

Postby bramas » Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:15 am

My name is Gwendolyn [Ram] Jones-Persaud. Henry "Harry" Milton Jones was my mother's cousin. Mom (born 12th Nov. 1917 in Barbados) was registered as Rosa Cameron Jones, but she later used the name of Rosalind. My mother's father, my grandfather, Reginald Percy Jones, was a musician (he played the violin) and brother of Henry Milton Jones, father of Henry "Harry" Milton Jones.

Grandfather Reginald (known as 'Satan" to his friends) was married to Ethel Louise Olton of Barbados. They had three daughters, Ismay, Thora (I believe she was registered at birth as 'Dora') and Rosa (Rosalind), my mom.

Ismay had no children, but Thora had two, Jimmy Blanc and Jean Blanc; both of whom still live in Trinidad. Aunt Ismay and Aunt Thora both died. Mom had three children, two boys: Michael Joseph Jones-Persaud and Errol Jean Jones-Persaud. Errol, who was born in Aruba lived in Amsterdam, Holland for several years before he died. Michael and I still live in Trinidad.

Mom (died two years ago) told me that the Jones' ancestor was a Methodist Missionary who came from Wales. Since the father of grandfather Reginald (and Henry Milton) was John Theodore Jones who worked at Bookers, British Guiana in the Shipping Department, it is possible that the Missionary in question might have been John Theodore Jones' father. So far I have been unable to confirm this.

Mom had a cousin named, Challenor, a broadcaster with Radio Demerara, Guyana, for several years, but few people knew that his last name was Jones, since he kept that to himself.

My mother, Rosalind, had a beautiful soprano voice, which made grandfather Reginald very proud. He taught her to play the violin. My early childhood was filled with the sound of the beautiful songs she sang and violin music she played. Some of these songs (sung by other people), and two pictures of her can be found on my Facebook page "Gwendolyn Jones-Persaud Ram".

Gwen
bramas

Postby bimjim » Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:33 am

Today I had two contacts, from Michael Jones-Persaud and Gwen (see previous Post), and I thought that maybe I ought to disclose that I have a family tree on-line which contains this family. I am always looking for family members to join the database and keep the various Branches (or tentacles!!) up to date, and Michael and Gwen are now both registered (it is a private database, so a password is required to access past the front page).

If you are a member of this family and would be willing to update and keep current your branch of the family, please send me (bimjim) a Private Message here, OR apply using the form on the family Tree web page (URL below), OR send me an email here...
http://www.candoo/com/contactform/index.html

The family tree database starts here...
http://www.caribbeanavenue.com/familytree/index.php

All the best!!!

Jim :ynch
bimjim
Site Admin

Postby ladykaya » Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:34 pm

Hello,

I am looking for my family from Guyana and I have a Jones. Samuel Jones that married a Hosanna Crawford (nee Griffith). Both were only children. They had to have been born between 1885 - 1900. Their daughter is still alive in Guyana named Ilene Crawford-Jones.
ladykaya

Postby bimjim » Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:54 pm

These are the only two Samuel Jones I have in my database...

Samuel H Jones
Birth 1870 Birmingham, Warwickshire, England
Family Emma Harriet Jones, b.1872, Aston Birmingham
Married 1895 Birmingham, Warwickshire, England
Children
1. Frank H Jones, b. 1898, Birmingham, Warwickshire, England
2. Gladys M Jones, b. 1899, Birmingham, Warwickshire, England
3. Samuel H Jones, b. 1901, Birmingham, Warwickshire, England

I don't show any children for either for the three siblings shown above (dead end). Sorry. But I do have 117 Jones names in my list!!
bimjim
Site Admin

Postby ladykaya » Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:23 pm

I found out I have another Henry Iman (sp?) Jones in my family. He was a postman and was buried in the St. Sidwell Church In Guyana. He was the father of Samuel Jones who have Henry and Ilene.
ladykaya

Postby bramas » Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:25 pm

Henry "Harry' Milton Jones, born Sept 1911 in Georgetown, was the son of Henry Milton Jones, born 28 Sept. 1881. The elder Henry Milton Jones was the brother of my grandfather Reginald Percy Jones. Reginald Percy Jones had three daughters, Ismay, Dora (who later changed her name to Thora), and Rosa Cameron Jones, (who changed her name to Rosalind).

I am recording this, because, apparently the names Dora, Ismay and Rosalind run through generations in this family. Now I learn that Dora Jones Brill was the daughter of Henry "Harry" Milton Jones. This should shed some light should Amy be perusing this. You see, there were two people named Dora, and Dora (Thora) was the cousin of Dora Brill. Very interested to know what happened to Lionel, one of the siblings of the elder Henry Milton Jones.
Last edited by bramas on Sun Aug 02, 2015 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bramas

Postby bimjim » Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:02 pm

ramas, as far as I can see that is all in the Family Tree database... you might want to log in and make any corrections.
bimjim
Site Admin

Next

Return to Surnames J